Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Phillip Island: Checa answers critics with Superpole victory World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Phillip Island: Checa answers critics with Superpole victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

WSB Phillip Island: Checa answers critics with Superpole victory

Alstare Ducati rider Carlos Checa went some way to answering the critics of the new Panigale superbike by putting it on pole for the opening round of the 2013 World Superbike Championship. The UK riders showed their form earlier in Superpole, with Tom Sykes topping Superpole 1 and Eugene topping SP2, before Laverty eventually finished second to the veteran Spaniard as...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 February 2013 05:48)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dessp2

Jan 04

dessp2 says:

Fingers crossed

It will go race distance and not totally shred its tyres. Remember the foggy patronas used to get the top slot on super pole now and then only to be useless in the race. I sincerely hope the Panigale will cut it.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

So many wishing failure on this......

machine, absolutely disgusting and no fans of the sport imo, yes you know who you are hugelean, wosi and co, scum, filthy yellow scum, the excrement of the paddock portaloos.

Reply to this Topic
Flipslats

Aug 11

Flipslats says:

amazing!

2013 Phillip Island SBK Pole = 1'30.234 (Checa - Ducati Panigale 1190)

2012 Phillip Island MotoGP 3rd Pole = 1'30.575 (Pedrosa - HRC Honda)

2012 Phillip Island MotoGP best poled Ducati = 1'31.661 (Rossi)

Checa's time today, would have put him 3rd in last year's MotoGP grid, just behind Lorenzo, and in front of Pedrosa. It also put him nearly 1.5secs in front of Rossi!!!

Unbelievable really!!

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

over rated crapigale

yes i am wishing failure to

unlikely in WSB though they have had the foot on the rules for years

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nothing new here

I remember Mick Doohan complaining way back in the 90's that Corser's time on a (Ducati 916) a ''street bike'' as he liked to call them was almost on the pace of the GP prototypes.  That was at Donington (can't remember the date but around '97/'98.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Failure

You don't wish anyone to fail though do you princess?

Pompous fcking hypocrite.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Woe is me..

The priceofrippedhole has lost the plot now Stoner has done a runner, illustrating the complete lack of depth in a once proud racing nations talent.

Shameless Spanish rent boy antics can't hide the pain I'm afraid.

No praise for your own boy Stauffer you fkin turncoat..?

Fk Ducati and the middle aged born agains who cling to the marque hoping their dicks grow a bit bigger..Carmelo will soon sort the cheating bastards out..or perhaps Honda will make a 1200 twin just to ram home a point like they did with Edwards 10 years ago.

Take pity on dog slow Australian riders too, next time you pass one wobbling around in the gutter?..hahaha

PS. Saturn..it was Hislop outright lap record on a 996, 2002 in BSB qualifying I think you're referring to.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/2286773.stm

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Eggs in one basket

Looks like Ducati have done the right  thing and put all their eggs in one basket and gone for spending most of their race budgett on WSB. They know that WSB bikes are basically road bikes and as such doing well in WSB sells road bikes. If WSB was on bbc or ITV it would become the premier series to the general public. Already WSB has shown how competitive and exciting it is going to be this season. To me MOTOGP is good but if you want to watch real racing watch WSB   Good luck to Checa for having the skill and motivation to put the Duke on pole 

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

flipslats

they have resurfaced the track in December though

so you cant compare times 

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Tom's gift

Tom sat in the garage, when he'd got pole, and watched it slip away, he'd got time for a couple more fast laps, now he's on the 2nd row, I'm sure he'd got more pace to come, hope he does well tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices