Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas

Valentino Rossi might have been slowest on the opening day of the private Honda and Yamaha MotoGP test at the new Circuit of the Americas yesterday, but it didn't stop the Italian from falling in love with the long and technical Texas circuit. On a first day dominated by a lack of grip, Rossi ended fifth behind Marc Marquez, Dani Pedrosa,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 March 2013 10:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Lorenzo

had this to say

We still don't have enough grip on the rear so we can’t lean over with confidence which is why we are further behind than in Sepang.

I am adapting my riding style every lap a little for the track.

I wonder what he means by adapting his style Wosi.

Rossi has also complained of a lack of edge grip with the tyres they now use compared to previous years. He has also said he is having to try and adapt because he can't carry as much corner speed around and out of corners as he used to with his normal style

So how does he adapt if they can't find a mechanical or electronic solution to edge grip - assuming Caramello doesn't intervene on his behalf. Your solution?

On the subject of DT125, I've seen more than one big-mouthed arrogant sportsbike rider, scornful of offroad riding and the puny engined bikes, humbled massively by bikes with less power than a DT125 when persuaded to have a go offroad. I've also seen them savaged magnificently by 450 and 500 racers after proclaiming how they ride a 1000, what's the big deal with a 450. There's a bit more to it than wobbling from your drive to the road with both feet down across the grass verge.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So what's you're telling me

me old Barbera Woodhouse reject is that Yamaha are using all their available power to get off the corners and that's not enough to stay with the Honda's?

Jeez, you really ought to try disgourging yourself from that armchair one day. For one that spends so much time watching, you observe so very little.

Reply to this Topic
LCTanner

Feb 13

LCTanner says:

Weskit....yes i read that article too, but you seemed to have conveniently missed the paragraph where Jarvis calls  Lorenzo a "sulking spanish bitch" after having his arse handed to him by Rossi on the last corner at Catalunya in 2009, the corner where Lorenzo arragontly announced " i will say now it is impossible to be overtaken at the last corner at my home circuit that is Catalunya"  Jarvis also mentioned he enjoyed watching rossi "duff the petulant brat up" at Montegi in 2010  after Lorenzo's pathetic attempt to beat 46 to the podium.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Punch

We saw it last year when Jorge and Dani had one of their few battles to the end. The Honda had the punch out of the corners, the Yamaha clawed him back through the twisties.

We also saw it through the whole of the second half of the season where the Honda under Dani suddenly got a whole lot better. Why was that? This another of these remarkable bar raising feats by Dani, or did Honda give him some improvements?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Punch - is that a technical term Pooch?

I thought it was a defunct satirical magazine. I can think of a yellow clown who'd look good on the cover.

Why was that? Dani and HRC got to grips with the (Rossi induced new spec tyres & weight addition) chatter a good deal better than earlier on in the season.

Another Crufts failure.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Oh right

Dani and HRC. Why didn't Dani just "adapt" earlier, or "stand it up on the fat bit", to use your technical term.

So it's only HRC that's allowed to have problems with their bike. Well, them and Ducati now that Rossi's gone. Although while he was there the bike was fine, now he's gone they have a development plan in place to sort the bike that didn't have anything wrong with it.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The Ducati that didn't have anything wrong with it

Who's words are you using there Dogberk? Not mine. I've always maintained what the Ducati is/ was - the third best thing on the grid. Just not by the margin it had been shown to be in the last two years by a rider of a supposedly far better calibre than 2013's pilots.

The last two years of Corse strategy has been based on knee jerk tantrum throwing, aided and abetted by 'give Rossi want he wants' CEO Del Torchio.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Dogbert

Don't bother with him Doggers he's beyond redemption ..... more blinkered than a Watney's dray horse !!!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Rainmaker

Maybe not such a strange decision - if you accept that the championship is a two horse race between HRC and Yamaha then it only took 2 days to identify the areas in which they are lagging behind (not a lot I'll wager) and they've gone home to work on fixes before Jerez.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The ugly sisters..

I never said it..not me.

Haha..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN