Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LCTanner

Feb 13

LCTanner says:

There was a rider who's name escapes me now,but i think he went to v8's. He couldn't deal with the criticism either.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Ducrapi

The truth is slowly coming out

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Ducati problem

Maybe at last people will see it was'nt the riders but the bike.Ducati just don't seem to listen or trust they're riders as Rossi says.

The only way it would seem to make the Ducati as good as the Yamaha or Hondas is to make it a Yamaha or Honda.I don't think Ducati are willing to do that.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

It's hardly earth shattering headline news is it. MCN? Everyone knows how it has gone at Ducati for many years now, even long before Rossi went there.

However for the sake of the Motogp grid, let's just hope the signs are positive that changes will be made at Ducati now. There is no doubt that the culture at Ducati is changing as are the personel there, this has to be a good thing if they are going to be competetive again in the class. And I don't see who wouldn't want them to be. 

I still reckon if the rules changed and the Duke was allowed to stick a couple of Dunlops or Michelins on - the bike may handle much better. No doubt that years ago the Bridgstones favoured the Duke when the other bikes were running Michelin's but can't help feel as Honda and Yamaha used Bridgestones that maybe the tyre characteristics were changed to favour those bikes. Worth a try surely, who knows? Get rid of the tyre rule.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

"The only way it would seem to make the Ducati as good as the Yamaha or Hondas is to make it a Yamaha or Honda.I don't think Ducati are willing to do that"

To be honest, the Yamaha and the Honda are good bikes in comparison to the Ducati. I think that's where the problem lies, they don't have to make the duke like the Jap bikes, just make it into a good bike. With feel brings confidence, with confidence brings speed.

Reply to this Topic
GodsProphet

Mar 13

GodsProphet says:

Weep Wosi, weep ...

... and wail you wanka - Rossi destroyed by Marquez, and you tossers destroyed by Wales ....... yet again ........ Grand Slam? ...... Rossi to win a race? ....  England to beat Wales? ....... Dream on son ........ HaHaHahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

R6nutter6 - Reply

Good post,you are right about the bike needing to transmit feel to the riders & give them the confidence to push the bike hard.It would be great if they could do this & still keep the Ducati very much a ducati.

The reason I made that coment was because several people have mentioned the engine & its layout.Im no tech expert but I do know that one of the first things Rossi did when he went to Yamaha was he asked them to dramatically change the engine.The Yamaha then went from 5 valve per cylinder to 4 valve & I beleive there was a magor change to the crank shaft as well.

Ducati seem very reluctant to change theyre engine & it is the one magor thing that defines the Ducati as a Ducati.The engine may or may not be the problem but it seems to be the one magor thing that Ducati will not budge on changing.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Dunno why I woory about discussing the subject of the’ single tyre rule’ on a Ducati thread…when some others write about bloody rugby results! I’d happily address the subject on appropriate threads if MCN created a few more subject articles.
Just to add to my earlier tyre comment – I think it may also be advantageous to the CRT teams. And as they have different rules about fuel limits and engine numbers then why don’t Dorna allow them to have a go with other tyres?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The Rugby..

Some of us are man enough to take critical abuse..some ain't, eh Ben?

You kicked our arses today. The best team won..what more can I say?

It's the same thing Rossi is talking about with regard to Preziosi and Ducati with Gobmeier..who is just another mouthpiece to apportion blame, to try and keep the sponsors on board.

It takes a man to admit he's wrong..not a snivelling egotistical little tosser with hangups he don't understand..eh Ben?

Ducati are toast in MotoGP..and could well be the same in WSB.

Did they really think they'd have more clout than Rossi?

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Off topic !

racingfan99 - You didn't expect all the posts on this forum to make sense or be about Moto GP did you ? LOL.I thought you would have been used to this sort of thing by now.Just wait for some body to bring V8's & a certain australlian gentlman into the debate,thats next.

Any way those round black things,um.The one tyre rule works well in Moto 2 & I think it works OK in Moto GP.As for the CRT machines ! There only there to make up the grid numbers & unless the proto type machines are dragged down to theyre level they will never be more than a series within a series.

At least with a one tyre rule its the same for all just as long as the rules arn't changed mid season.I remember well the days of tyre wars & Dunlop & Mitchelin lossing to Bridgestone when they changed the rules.Rossi got his Bridgestones while Lorenzo stayed on the Mitchelins & demonstrated acrobatics by the way of hugh high sides trying to stay in touch with Rossi.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices