Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo tops first practice of 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo tops first practice of 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo tops first practice of 2013

Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo ended the first free practice of 2013 at the top of the timesheets after a late charge. Lorenzo displaced Tech 3 Yamaha rider Cal Crutchlow to finish fastest, Crutchlow finished second ahead of Valentino Rossi to complete a Yamaha top three. Rookie Marc Marquez was the highest-placed non-Yamaha onboard his Repsol Honda in fourth ahead of Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 April 2013 18:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Uh oh???

Now with Marc Marquez fastest in 2nd free practice he may require a new name soon. We have The Doctor, The Tornado, The Kentucky Kid, Pedrobot, Moaner, and Crazy Joe.

I would like to present or nominate for MM. The "Moto Matador" (or Mad Matador next time he tries to have someone off).    ;)

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Moto matador looks too obvious due to his sponsor. How about Dislocator?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

hello?

" I have not seen nostro say anything about Rossi being 0.027 seconds off Jorge."

Noooo... I think everyone's wondering how, yet again, he's behind a satellite bike & he's only 1 one thousandth faster than Dovi on a Ducati... oh... sorry...

... early days!  :wacko:

Honestly, they aren't up to speed yet... give it time... people like you claiming false achievements at such an early stage may very easily be disappointed.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

hey nostrils

Quatar 07 top speed...stoner 324.7km/hr....rossi 309.9....I stand corrected. You were right to call stoners 15 km/hr top speed advantage UTTER BULLSHIT...it was merely 14.8 km/hr!!! I feel so stupid...wait no i dont cuz im right and you are not....

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

willie wheelbreaker and hugelean

I thought rossi was going for his 8th premier class championship this year (with a good chance of winning it imo to match ago, and in similar circumstances to ago's 8th, which would be his crowning achivement as it was ago's).

This obviously can't be the case, since the aprilia cube had a much more marked power advantage than any ducati has ever had, hence rossi can't possibly have won the championship in 2003, and colin edwards must have won 10 races or so that year which I also can't quite recall.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

1986vfr...?

He only had that in qualifying over Rossi (Blood was talking about the race but never mind)... Honda 317kph, Suzuki 313... Rossi's Yamaha was 14th fastest behind J.McW on an ilmor ffs! Ducati had a small speed advantage... Yamaha had some major problems wouldn't you say?... because it couldn't have been the way it was being ridden or developed by the rider...

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

doohanfan?

You usually make a lot of sense to me but I don't really get your post referencing me with hugelean? Or what point you were making regarding my post maybe?

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

hedge

Only in qualifying??!!...uh ok do you realize how silly you sound...anyways"blood" is always referring to something else whenever he is proven wrong....

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

a pet hatred of mine willie

is the old massive bike advantage/ bike that rode itself argument about the 2007 ducati, which definitely hugelean, but also you, seemed to be revisiting. You yourself seemed to be arguing that the relatively primitive electronics in 2007 somehow enabled  the 2007 bike to turn midcorner, when more sophisticated electronics couldn't do this in later years. Stoner obviously wouldn't have won without a straightline advantage in 2007, since he certainly didn't win because of a handling advantage/well balanced bike.

I have no problem with crediting rossi for all his championships, including the 2002 championship, and will give him particular credit if he wins his 8th premier class championship this year. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices