Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo starts title defence with pole position MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo starts title defence with pole position

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo starts title defence with pole position

Factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo will start the first race of 2013 from pole position after seeing off Brit Cal Crutchlow in Q2. Crutchlow again set the fastest lap on his first run in Q2, but after a tyre change Lorenzo set a fastest time of 1:54.714 to beat Crutchlow by 0.202s. Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa set the third fastest time...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 April 2013 19:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

7th

Nuff said.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

new stoner

cal looked like stoner out there tonight fast straight out the box.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

LET THE ????

shit start to fly! cant wait to see what is said

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Ianone, not too bad. But also not great. Dovi? Maybe he won't run this fast on race pace, but still very impressive. Great ridding by Cal as well. Can't wait for the race

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

I don't like the new qualifying format, far too hectic and designed purely to entertain. Half an hour would be fine but not fifteen minutes, no time to iron out any potential problems. Track was very dirty as well which brought the Ducati closer to the front than it would have been otherwise. Remains to be seen if Cal will have the same power to fuel ratio over race distance as Lorenzo and Rossi. He may have last years engine and chassis but I doubt Yamaha will give him the same electronics package to trouble the factory team.

For me the season doesn't really start until after Qatar which is a mickey mouse race at night under lights on a dirty track in the desert and should be consigned to the history books. And now they have a world cup as well, the power of carrier bags full of petroleum dollars.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

ALL YOU NEED IS A

Work`s bike?  Or maybe not,.......experience?.....Maybe not......So what DO you need to get anywhere in this moto gp game. That`s right,..... ability. A satty bike,a novice and an "un-rideable Ducati",all in front of you know who. Time to retire me think`s.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Proof if needed

that..... um....... Yeah .... somethings been proved I'm sure but I'm also sure that Dovi and Ducati weren't meant to beat Rossi AT ALL because well the Ducati's crap and if Rossi couldn't ride it well then no way was Dovi going too.

Well, that's what was implied by the Rossi fans, so what went wrong?

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

Not sure..

Not sure if I'm a fan of this new Qualifying format, the actual time they have to qualify seemed to pass in a flash, but I'll reserve judgement till the season goes on a bit. Extremely impressed with Dovi's lap, not sure on his race pace though so we'll have to see how that pans out, whether you like him or not, you can't deny thats got to smart a bit for Rossi! Even more impressed with Cal, finally we have a British rider with a genuine shout, the way he's upped his game is amazing.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Not a Rossi fan, but a podium will not surprise me at all! Great rider still.

Reply to this Topic
ed30

Sep 12

ed30 says:

vmax4steve

Iron out any problems.....? Can't they do that in the 30 minute FP4 session just before Q1.....in the new format they only get 15 minutes less than last year, and let's face it, they never used the full hour before anyway. The clear driver for the new format is increased TV time for the back end of the field in order to attract more sponsors and therefore hopefully provide more stability for smaller teams, which in turn is good for the series as a whole, which can ill afford losing teams due to financial pressures. I actually enjoyed the new format, and it added another dimension to FP3 as well

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices