Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies: “I thought about pulling in” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies: “I thought about pulling in”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies: “I thought about pulling in”

Six months after badly injuring his right shoulder in a Malaysian Grand Prix crash, Ben Spies gritted his teeth to get through a gruelling Ducati debut inside the top 10 in Qatar last night. Tenth is nothing to write home about but given the lack of strength Spies is still suffering in the slowly recovering shoulder, he said his Losail International...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 09:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

it wont heal

sounds like ben has a clear warning here of he should drop down or stop racing, foggy left it too late and was forced to(many interviews he says i should have stopped in 99). ,hope he doesnt make the same mistake.

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

There, there. Mummy rub it better.

Damn good rider, ruined by his mother. I would only employ him if she would leave him alone to get on with his job. Ben should send her home to put the dinner on.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Dice nob

What has his mother who is also is manager got to do with crashing ad no recovering from an injury??? Simple but true my question is,bet ur moped is super fast mate!!!!

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

i'm not sure what is affecting him more, his injured shoulder or shattered confidence.  it's looking like a downward spiral for him - he needs time to heal, time which he doesn't have so he'll have to keep pushing on as best he can on a bike that is still 'work in progress' to put it politely.  it would be bad enough trying to ride on with a well-sorted M1, but he's picked the wrong bike for this season to give him a confidence boost when at a low ebb.  more offs to come i fear.

elbowz - i doubt he'll be around long enough to get a factory Ducati ride, if he wants one or if they would want him.  Spies has to beat his team-mate as an absolute minimum this season.  if he can't see off barnpot rookie Iannone, he's finished in MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

elbowz - i doubt he'll be around long enough to get a factory Ducati ride, if he wants one or if they would want him. Spies has to beat his team-mate as an absolute minimum this season. if he can't see off barnpot rookie Iannone, he's finished in MotoGP One reason he could possibly get that works ride bikes in the US but yes you are right in saying he has to beat barnpot rookie team-mate I also agree with you in saying he chose the wrong bike should have done the safe thing gone back to WSBK and taken the BMW ride instead of causing more damage to himself.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

All I can think of is that with all he's been through during the last two seasons, the guy has some serious balls to keep getting on and riding one of those things. When he crashed in quali I thought he should just give it up and retire. But then you see him back out there, giving his all again and you just have to respect the guy's bravery.

He deserves some good fortune

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Too bad for the man. I seriously thought he could be a contender in the series. I have to agree with you lads. Time to pop mum's titty outta your mouth Ben. Not a good look for a 29 year old.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

When Ben announced he was going to Ducati after the season he had on The factory Yam I thought he was completely CRAZY, shame as he's a good egg.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Ben's song about hi's mother

When I was just a little baby boy,
my momma used to tell me these crazy things
She used to tell me my daddy was an evil man,
she used to tell me he hated me
But then I got a little bit older
and I realized, she was the crazy one
But there was nothing I could do or say to try to change it
cause that's just the way she was.

Shut up slut, you're causing too much chaos
Just bend over and take it like a slut, OK Ma!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Gotta agree if the #11 wants to do well in this class then he has to drop his mother as his manager I happen to think with her being around its kinda having an effect on him.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices