Skip to content

Discuss This Marquez dominates COTA qualifying MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marquez dominates COTA qualifying

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

Marquez dominates COTA qualifying

A tense qualifying ended at the Circuit Of The Americas [COTA] in Texas with Marc Marquez posting an excellent 2:03.021 to take his first ever MotoGP pole position, some two-tenths ahead of Honda team-mate Pedrosa and with both HRC riders leaving the rest of the chasing pack in their wake. Earlier, in the previous Q1 session Bradley Smith on the Tech3...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 April 2013 21:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

CARLOS

try seca some time you might be suprised

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Marquez is out of this world on the Honda ,we are witnessing a changing of the old guard , if I was in pedrosa,s shoes I'd definitely be worried about my job, cos it looks like its p45 time.ill reserve judgment on Rossi til after Le Mans

Reply to this Topic
Unbreakable

Feb 11

Unbreakable says:

Crazy as it sounds

HRC might not even be missing Casey. Though I think the ultimate would have been MMar and CSto on the same team. Epic!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

For me....

Julian Ryder said it best during Q2 today. After MM did an amazingly long and gentle 2 wheel drift around the triple rights at the end of the lap and did a 2.03 dead. "As for pure outright speed no one since Freddie Spencer has looked as fast as MM". The boy is insanely quick! Would it be possible for him to break Spencer's record as the youngest premier class world champ? Is Spencer still the youngest 500/Moto GP winner? Could all change starting tomorrow! On another note... Rossi needs to get his sh*t together. Qatar mustn't be a flash in the pan? If he is such an experienced legend why can't he do new circuits? Which corner will Cal make his race ending mistake on? Will a CRT beat Spies at home? Do I really have to wait until 9pm tonight to get the answers?

Reply to this Topic
holestonecowboy

Jan 09

difference

SisteRrat, you failed to mention one other great difference. Marquez has the likeability factor, and i would be a rossi fan, but there is just something about his cheeky little grim (which is not arrogant)that just makes you think, here is a kid loving doing what he does best. More power to his elbow.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Marc Marquez

Has the raw pace and loose style of Casey Stoner, the steely determination of Lorenzo, the humility of Pedrosa and the smiling silver spoon of Rossi. Yeah he's a sensation, but I can't see him having it all his own way today. The anomaly of Qatar is past, Dani is back. 

Special mention for Espargaro on the hotted up road bike. Brilliant. Running a virtually identical time to a Goat riding the best gp machine on the grid. One of those Espargaro boys should have that nr.2 Yamaha seat 2014.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Nostro, I think you're right..

..Pedrosa will probably have the pace of Marquez for the race, but as much as it pains me to say it, I don't think he has as much fight as his younger compatriot. It's still a tough race to call - Marquez looks imperious, but you can't count out Lorenzo and like him or not, Rossi has got the craft to surprise us all...

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

To

say MM is fast is stating the obvious. We can all see that. I`m waiting for him to revert to type and get all shirty with his pushy ways on track. He`s not put a foot wrong yet, but how long before he starts playing dirty? He wasn`t on everyones xmas card list in Moto2 and a leopard never changes his riding style.

Espargaro...Brilliant again. Both of these lads are special.

Rossi qualifies on row 3........STOP THE PRESS. This is unheard of. He`s all washed up. Nostro was right. Pass me that rope. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Eurosport..

Julian Ryder is a tool..Spalders is a bore.

Ryder has been going on about Spencer being the best since Stoner jumped on the Honda in 2011, so that he could draw some sort of ground shaking talent comparison he thinks marks him as astute.

Now there is a new kid on the block, all of a sudden the same cock & bull is being rolled out for Marquez as if Stoner never existed and applying the same dodgy theory is big news again. 

In a typically fat & lazy way though, and at the same time no less, he's looking for further soppy eulogies by using a Doohanesque "grind 'em to dust" towering strength of attitude analogy as well.

MM is incomparable, just like Casey was, with the sublime skills and blinding pace of Freddie PLUS the beat them, and keep beating them while they're down, win at all costs focus of Mick.

Spencer was fragile, never won on anything but a Honda..retired, came back and was exposed as weak.

Doohan's always won on a Honda too. His mighty mental fortitude took Six years to kick in and did him next to fk all good while other legends were plying their trade.

Two facts a blubbering Ryder fails to mention as both he & Spalding giggle, fawn & generally touch eachother up over 1000fps MM slo-mo's, just like they did last year for Stoner.

I never thought I'd pine for Moody..but to be fair, in the name of objective and professional reporting, at least he tries to keep a lid on the schoolgirl-like crushes the other two monkeys can't help themselves by exhibiting when he's not there.

It's a sorry state of affairs when Cox & Parrish are the preferred option.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

I feel your pain Wosi ...

... yep, they're both pretty sad - Steve Day is doing okay though. Latest gossip is that BBC have lost the rights to MotoGP in 2014 to BT Vision. 

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/racing/motogp/20131/bbc-set-to-lose-tv-rights-for-motogp/?utm_source=twfb&utm_medium=social&utm_content=motogprightsbbc&utm_campaign=bikesocial#.UXOSfLWG2Sp

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices