Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash

cJorge Lorenzo has spoken for the first time in detail about the controversial last lap clash he was involved in with hard riding compatriot Marc Marquez in Sunday’s Spanish MotoGP race at Jerez. The factory Yamaha rider lost second place and the chance to lead the 2013 world championship standings when he was involved in a dramatic final corner on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 09:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

its racing get over it

if we start penalising riders all the time we will end up like F1

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

250cc aggression

@  Let’s see what happens in the future and maybe this will improve me as a rider and I will be more aggressive like I was in 250s.

This sound a little like payback time?!

But i don't mind seeing Jorge getting back hi's 250s additute, to care for nothing else around him exept the win. You can always shake hand after or if in hospital send a card!. Jorge was growing mature and respecting the sport and the riders around him by telling good things about them and making perfect overtaking without the possibility to run people of track. Casey Dani Jorge new like no other to how to share fairings without an desperate torpedo attack. in doing that the 3 were class act! Dani said it was a racing accident, but i can remember clearly his touch with #58 and he was furius about it. So dani shouldn't running hi;s mouth. he's the 1 who knows how far to get when injured..........NOWERE

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

P.S.

i don't hope people getting angry again when Jorge's dad is gonna say something again like after #58   funural about dangerous riding style. Seems that man was right all the time. And don't start crying out loud like with #58 if that other certain rider is no longer in Gp because this is what people wants most..... see riders DIE on track. give an nice shot of adenaline right?????

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

It was a dodgy move, but makes the championship exciting....the difference that lorenzo will have with marquez vs what he had with rossi is that marquez is young and not afraid to take huge risks....rossi is/was at the age where he will/and did take risks that have a higher probability of success...lorenzo is somewhere inbetween. Marquez will make moves this year that will stun jorge in their apparent craziness,but the ones that he manages to pull off will demoralize jorge. Hes never been in this position before...he was always the young guy willing to take the big risks( compared to the ones taken by an older rossi)....now he is the older guy who knows the pain of failed low -chance-of - success moves. Marquez will scare jorge this year with his "craziness"...and he has the ability to pull most of them off....remember that rossi was jorge's age when he pullef the gibernaeu move...jorges getting a taste of what it feels like to be last weeks news....he still has tons of talent, but that was a taste of the world to come.....

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

He's gone up

in my estimation! Took time out to consider his response. And now this magnanimous offering. I am most impressed!!

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Great News

Fantastic! I was so fed up of the lovey-dovey two years we had whilst Rossi was as Ducati, with the top riders all respecting each other. God, how unbelievably dull. Bring back the war! Nothing beats those times when it looked like a proper fist-fight was about to break out on the podium (normally between Rossi and everyone else), and I'm pinning my hopes on Marc marquez to bring them back. Next target - smash his way past Dani Pedrosa.

Oh, top marks to Lorenzo for admitting he left the barn door open, classy rider and a classy guy. He'll definitely get his revenge. I absolutely loved watching the guy ride a bike, but Stoner would have simply moaned and moaned and moaned...

Reply to this Topic
Msheppard

Nov 10

Msheppard says:

Good advice

I wouldn't give Lorenzo too much praise. He showed his petulance and was then quite obviously advised on entering the press area. A Yamaha clothed chap quite clearly had a wise word in Lorenzo's ear before he had chance to go off on one. Well managed by team Yamaha! Thank heavens for some proper, hard racing. I don't want to watch a Formula 1 style procession.

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Retribution

and revenge....are  dishes best served COLD! Go hunt him down Jorge.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Colonelclaw?

"but Stoner would have simply moaned and moaned and moaned..."

Don't forget Rossi... moan, moan, moan... one of them, when they calmed down & realised how bad it made them look, apologised for his moan... can you guess which?

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/78825/1/rossi_blames_tyre_slams_elias.html

As I said earlier JL has seen the way the public reacted to Rossi & Stoner's post race tantrums & was very considered in his approach even if his immediate post raced reaction was the same... very smart.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Lorenzo's mistake?

I'm a big fan of Jorge, a man who in my opinion ended the reign of Valentino Rossi and is at the top of his game,However I would rather of seen him be more sporting in his gestures toward Marquez,even if inwardly he was thinking, wait till the boots on the other foot you little shit,He made a mistake, the door was wide open,Cal should be a bit less respectfull in his overtaking too in my opinion ,However the move was firm but fair, simple as that its not football and long may this fine sport remain a hard man or a determined mans game,stick it to him Jorge but please keep smiling ,only a couple of seasons back you slayed the giant ,don't knock the next contender from wanting your scalp, your being world champion means they all see you as the man to beat it's a compliment you have earned ,enjoy it Jorge .I would of been spitting too but angry with myself more so ,Great race though

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices