Skip to content

Discuss This BT Sport announces five-year UK TV deal for MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BT Sport announces five-year UK TV deal for MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BT Sport announces five-year UK TV deal for MotoGP

BT has signed a five-year deal to show MotoGP exclusively live in the UK from the 2014 world championship campaign onwards. The deal, which MCN revealed would be confirmed today from last weekend’s Spanish MotoGP race in Jerez, was announced during a high-profile launch for the new digital sports channel in London. The deal means free-to-air coverage of MotoGP on the BBC...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 May 2013 12:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bully for you winger - pull the ladder up.

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Not All Bad

It's not all bad. MotoGP has pretty much sidelined British riders in favour of southern European and US ones despite the huge interest in sports bikes in the UK. Recently we have Yamaha bringing in another Spanish rider at the end of the season which will possibly see Cal Crutchlow out of his satellite team seat despite the fact that he is easily able to challenge for podiums. If he was on a factory bike then definitely he would be there. The reason - money. Now, if BT have bought into this and presumably paid a princely sum for the pleasure they will, I assume want a British rider in a high profile position in a team that can win. They want a return on their money and having a rider who is in a winning place is necessary for it to happen. Their subscriptions will rely on BT customers who are from this green and pleasant land and we will be far more likely to cough up for one of our own over even the likes of Marquez or that old dude Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
billybutler

Oct 05

billybutler says:

BT MOTO GP debacle

What a sad this will be. The pleasure I have recieved from Eurosport coverage is second to none. The quality of the Team Julian, Toby Spalders and Mr Day their knowledge of the sport and their passion was 110%. Even the BBC were now where in comparisson with Mr 'as been' Parrish barking on with all of the when I was out there crap and the Gravel mouthed Car racer Charlie Cox who knows next to fcuk all about real sport - bikes.!

Oh well bye bye my favorite Moto 2 and 3 viewing and also the incredible Cal Crutchlow. Shan't bother going to the BT route unless the Eurosport team are in the hotset Moody Ryder and co. Shall even cancel my BT Broadband for fcuking the job up. Thanks.!

Reply to this Topic
pugsley0703

May 13

pugsley0703 says:

GP on BT

It's all very nice for those who have BT broadband or can afford to waste £15 a month on top of their other sports package. Some of us peasants don't have that luxury so will miss out. It's wrong on so many levels. I'm sure there are many more fans who are in the same boat. I wonder what will happen when Dorna realises it's greed has killed the series. If sponsoring companies know their audience isn't going to be able to view their riders are they going to bother to sponsor?

Reply to this Topic
OwainGlyndwr

May 13

OwainGlyndwr says:

With this deal, Dorna has direct access to 6.3 million existing BT broadband users who will be able to watch MotoGP FREE of charge on a wide variety of platforms. The sport is likely to grow considerably thanks to their involvement.

Reply to this Topic
earlystock

Aug 02

earlystock says:

I find the whole debate a bit strange. Lots of comments on rip off bt, there broadband pricing is compatible with most ( sky are cheap only because they get there money from the high cost of tv) yes you have to pay a line fee for the bt line when you get sky broadband because bt - not sky provide the line. Sport from bt will be free to bt bb users and £12 or £15 for anyone else. Why on earth would anyone think it is bad to use sport content to get people to by a product. From what I have read they intend to have multiscreen like sky f1, so much better coverage. The commentator preference bit is subjective - seems to me Rider and Moody spend more time trying to show who is the best informed than commenting on the race! Bt have invested billions in the superfast broadband network when nobody else wanted to, yet a lot of people think that they should get it for free. Weird. I do not know what the coverage will be like- I do know bt have invested a lot if money in their sport channels, including motogp. I think people should be happy that at least one British business wants to support the sport we enjoy. I suppose this is just a symptom of the something for nothing world we live in.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices