You are in... Forums > General > General > yamaha r6 5eb

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

matsui

Nov 11

matsui says:

yamaha r6 5eb

Could anyone tell me turning the pilot screw out does it make it richer or leaner.The bikes not ran for 7 seven years so had the carbs cleaned and i think i turned the pilot 1 and half turns out but since have found the manual states 2 out.The bike runs fine to about 4000 revs then coughs and farts and clears about 8000 revs.The bike has a race can,could this be the fault or any other ideas cheers Carl..

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 May 2013 18:01)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
matsui

Nov 11

matsui says:

cars

No i didn't but the bloke who did them said they don't need doing but like you i thought they must need balancing.The bike ticks over nice so they not far out.I'm going to check them iv'e got a balancing kit cheers mate.

Reply to this Topic
matsui

Nov 11

matsui says:

carbs

Going bed can't even spell carbs thanks for all your help.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

car?s

b=bed,i rest my replies and leave this for kcmc.:smile

Reply to this Topic
matsui

Nov 11

matsui says:

yamaha r6

Fueling still a bit erratic but i have been riding it like me sp2,it runs loads better if you wring its neck not like a tart as i have.Runs crap around 4000 still on constant throttle.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Mixture screw.

There is no such thing as a pilot screw.

Within the body of the carb there is a pilot jet and a main jet. On the underside of the carb there is an air- fuel ratio screw (sometimes called a mixture screw - I assume you are talking about the mixture screw).

At low revs the engine runs on the pilot jet. At higher revs the main jet opens and so then the engine runs on pilot jet and main jet. The mixture screw adjust the amount of fuel to air and winding it in makes the mixture leaner.

Look in a Haynes manual or similar for what the mixture screw should be set to but generally around 2 turns out from fully in is the right ball park. If the spark plug is sooted up then wind the mixture screw in for the cylinder. If the spark plug is showing signs of blistering of its ceramic, the electrode tip is melting on the edges or there's white deposits (not light grey) then you need to wind the mixture screw out for that cylinder.

Hope this helps

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices