Skip to content

Discuss This BT Sport wins MotoGP from the BBC: What do you think? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BT Sport wins MotoGP from the BBC: What do you think?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BT Sport wins MotoGP from the BBC: What do you think?

BT has signed a five-year deal to exclusively show MotoGP live in the UK from 2014. How will this affect you?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 May 2013 10:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vfrtork

Apr 08

vfrtork says:

MotoGP and BT Sport

Please stop slagging off my comments. You are entitled to your views and me to mine. I hadn't realised this forum was for personal attacks. I thought the issue was one of paying to watch MotoGP. If the whole of Europe is paying the equivalent of £12 per month to watch MotoGP in 2014 then I don't have an issue. But if Europe continues to watch it for free then BT Sport and Dorna may find themselves facing litigation in the European courts. 

Reply to this Topic
Rekhmire

Aug 08

Rekhmire says:

And to add insult to injury, Dorna have renewed the licence for Swiss TV to show Moto GP for the next three years! So am I right to think it will be free to watch Moto GP in Switzerland, but us in another EU country will have to pay?

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Swiss+TV+renews+MotoGP+for+a+further+three+years

Reply to this Topic
BlackCircles

May 13

BlackCircles says:

petition

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tv-coverage-of-motogp-in-the-uk/

Please sign and share.......thanks.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Time delayed coverage?

Will any of the present channels carry it on a time delay basis like Eurosport do with Moto GP, or is it pay up or you will not see it ever?

Reply to this Topic
zx6biker

Dec 03

zx6biker says:

Swiss get Motogp Renewed

Interesting Rekhmire, so what's different between the Swiss sports channel and Eurosport I wonder, thanks for that info. I've just checked up on Kingofsat, the satellite website that gives details of all the broadcasters on satellite and see that the Swiss sports channel broadcasts over the Hotbird satellite, but it is an encrypted subscription channel, so they are not getting it free. Even then, if they have shown it for many years as has Eurosport, then it's only about money, not the interests of the fans and the sport.

Reply to this Topic
zx6biker

Dec 03

zx6biker says:

BT to get Motogp

Rubbish if you read this from The Register. Setanta Sports, ITV Digital and ESPN all subscription channels tried it and failed, BT Sports will go the same way.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/10/bt_sports_details/

Reply to this Topic
boisty

Sep 03

boisty says:

MotoGP death nell

Imho this pretty much sounds the death nell for MotoGP in this country.

Motorcycle racing is already a pretty marginalised sport in the UK, to pass the tv rights to a marginal broadband provider will only reduce the sports exposure further. By the end of 2019 when this new deal expires all but the die hard bike fans will have forgotten about what is effectively the Formula 1 of bike racing.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices