Skip to content

Discuss This Worst biking fashion mistake? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Worst biking fashion mistake?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Worst biking fashion mistake?

There are plenty of questionable biking fashions, but which is the worst?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 May 2013 10:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
js70062

Jan 13

js70062 says:

sunglasses behind clear visor

... that's not a fashion mistake, it's a product of the current law regarding visors.

I'd say anything with a Harley logo on it has to be #1.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Bank managers dressing as Hells Angels on their Harleys. Bro.

Camo trousers on streetfighters. Sandals with socks (more for ramblers, really).

Gold Wingers dressed in matching jackets and helmets, with intercom. 

Submarine sweaters and high top boots, with carrier bags as overboots. The list goes on, but I'm sure I've offended a few people! One which I commit myself, by the way, is being a podgy slap head in, shall we say, snug fitting leathers? They used to fit, but must have shrunk or summink.

Reply to this Topic
philwatson

May 13

philwatson says:

Sunglasses

They could be prescription sunglasses so a tinted visor wouldn't help. There are things that I wouldn't wear (stick on ears, chaps, open face helmet etc.) but that doesn't give me the right to slate others for wearing them. I think the previous comment about this being about naff things rather than fashion is right. But; we all have a crafty look in a shop window reflection, just to check we're looking good don't we?

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

power ranger suits (which they need for all 300 miles they ride a year) with knee sliders that will only get worn down when they fall off at the first bend they meet after their winter break

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

wow

what a bunch of girls.... maybe their power ranger suit was the best fit and they don't like the colours/racerep, but preferred safety and fit over fashion? maybe they care more about being warm and dry and bulk discounts than how they look?.... what if they're breaking in a new track suit on the road and don't knee down because it's excessive on the road?.... but no, the bunch of people slagging off colour co-ordination in their sewing circle of cynicism are the "men" who "don't care".... right :) whatever you want to tell yourselves

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

Variety

is the spice of life.

We all look bloody fantastic...we is bikers!!!

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Fashion Mistake

Baggy Leathers, like two sizes up. "They'll do son, you'll grow into them!"

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

fashonable

I do all of the things above exept my missus doesnt ride pillion. But who cares as long as im riding my bike 

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Ratchetman

I know Iv'e had my little input, and purely on a light hearted basis. But Yes! you're right, who gives a S**t as long as you're riding!!!

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

style icon, no.

You can't live your life worrying about what others think about you or what you wear, and fashion changes by the moment and is worthless anyway. I like to wear a parka and jeans with chunky boots when I ride my 'blade just to confuse people. And screw the safety brigade, who cares about them.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices