Skip to content

BMW Ultimate Superbikes 2nd place: BMW HP4 Carbon S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > Ultimate Superbikes 2nd place: BMW HP4 Carbon

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ultimate Superbikes 2nd place: BMW HP4 Carbon

Lap time: 1:47.7Top speed at end of straight: 167.7mphMax braking (g): 1.29Max lean: 46.85 Why it’s so specialIt’s the first sports bike to be produced with semi-active suspension. The damping inside the HP4’s Sachs forks and rear shock adjusts as you ride, based on your road speed, throttle position, lean angle, shock movement and intervention from the traction control and ABS.Preload...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 May 2013 11:07)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

wtf???

mactory1

mactory1says

ducati marketing

its logical that Hodgos will try and put Ducati on top, the real test u can read in Motociclismo it, where they tested all 4 of them and on 2 different tracks, all bikes where dynoed ducati 1199r only had 173, aprilia 166, s1000hp 182 the same also Agusta. they had 2 pro riders and both tracks came Aprilia on top with best track time in both, seconed was Hp4, then Duc way slower and MV in fourth.

U can go to Motociclismo.it and use google chrome to translate it u also have all videos there. the same test was made in German and Spanish site both came Aprilia on top, ducati wasnt even close.

So i Guess Mr.H and Ducati payed allot for this crapy test. So Sold yourself like always Mcn.

15 May 2013 11:27

alol

User's Badge

alol says

ultimate superbike
It's quite a suprise that any test where the ex Ducati WSB Champion Neil Hodgson is involved for some strange reason the Ducati seems to do very well in. Not that theres any bias of course?

Reply to this Topic
edsy007

Jan 10

edsy007 says:

Really?

Didn't see that result coming! Yawn. I'm off to visordown.com

Reply to this Topic
davetrousers

Aug 02

davetrousers says:

Hodgson says "The HP4 is by far the nicest bike here."  Doesn't sound that biased to me.

Reply to this Topic
Zinfandel92

Apr 13

Zinfandel92 says:

dry weight

What?!? 18kg more than the Panigale?

Not at all!

It's 169kg dry weight, in comparison to the 165kg of the the panigale R.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

let me guess

let me take a wild guess, next week, H will say Ducati is the winner.

I like Ducatis and I specially like the Panigale, but this would be the first time Panigale will come up ahead at any superbike comparo.  the very first time.  hmmmmm. 

sorry, there is no journalistic credential to this story series.

If you want an unbiased and very extensive and fully detailed review of the 1199 Panigale S click here.  This review is only one of its kind and has the most complete overview of all the features on the Pani S. 

Reply to this Topic
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

@Shiva

we are talking Panigale R here ;o)

cheers
Jo

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy