Skip to content

Ask an Expert Unfairly treated by Honda? Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Unfairly treated by Honda?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

brycerh

May 13

brycerh says:

Unfairly treated by Honda?

Not sure where to put this but legal is as good as any,

I'll try and keep this as short as possible,

My gudgeon pin sheared on my 2012 CBR125R after 5500miles, got it picked up all under warranty but had to wait over a month for the work to be done, apparently they had to wait for a component I was told the head was on back order. I was offered no alternative to use whilst the work was done and no compensation for the amount of time I couldn't use the bike (it's my daily ride and saves me around £150 a month on petrol alone). I'm still waiting to hear back from the head guy at Honda customer services been over a week now.

I picked the bike up today to find tooling damage on the engine, a fastener missing from the fairing and the bike hadn't been cleaned at all.

Is this standard customer service from Honda? Can I do anything about it?

Cheers for any ideas/comments

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 May 2013 18:38)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Hi Brycerh

These problems are caused by the Honda outlet (franchised dealer) not Honda themselves.

First deal with the dealership, then if no satisfaction is forthcoming then get in touch with Honda to see what help Assistance you can get from them.

Remember to document everything should you need to proceed through the small claims court system.

Well that's how I would handle it, but then you could always go the revengeful hard arse biker route but that usually ends up with you not getting to use your bike as the bars get in the way.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Did you ask for a loan bike?

Seems strange as Honda dealers I've used always provide one if asked...

If you did and they said No then different story....

Reply to this Topic
brycerh

May 13

brycerh says:

Well to be honest I only got annoyed after I found out they were going to have the bike for another two weeks, I contacted Honda Customer services to find out why it was taking so long to get a part and what compensation I would get for not having my bike for over a month. When they said in this case none due to it being under warranty or something I got annoyed.

Your right I should have asked for a loan bike but I didn't think it was going to take nearly 6 weeks to sort out but I guess I just thought that they would provide something for me either in the way of a loan bike or a free service, new tires?

I dont think I've gone about this the right way but I have contacted honda customer services and the dealer and I've got dates and times of all correspondence as well as pictures of the damage on the bike and the fatener that was missing. I'm not normally a complainer because I've never had to be, always been treated fairly but I just feel like they are taking the piss a bit.

Reply to this Topic
brycerh

May 13

brycerh says:

Just a quick update, went for a ride to beak the engine in and 30miles in the engine cut out, electrical this time. Mr AA came and the battery isn't getting charged so back off to Honda tomorrow...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices