Skip to content

YAMAHA Staff Blog: I Can See Clearly Now....... FAZER 8

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > FAZER 8 > Staff Blog: I Can See Clearly Now.......

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Alison Silcox  says:

Staff Blog: I Can See Clearly Now.......

It’s a couple of weeks without riding for me I’m afraid. After 24 years of being a ‘specy-four-eyes’ I’ve taken  the plunge and had lazer eye surgery. You might wonder why I’m writing about this on my blog and how it relates to my riding the Fazer8, well if you don’t wear glasses you won’t appreciate what it’s like and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 May 2013 20:10)

Post a message in FAZER 8

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Radial Keratotomy

Had this done by hand surgery, not laser!! about 20 years ago, I think!! They eyeball is cut about 8 times, incisions, to reshape it. Had both eyes done, one eye at a time, and one eye had to have it done twice, more cuts!! Was done in London, Mr William Jory, London Centre for Refractive Surgery! and was successful! Best thing I have ever done. Things have moved on since then and it all seems to be done by laser now! Have tremendous admiration for the surgeon that did the work, you can't turn with a hangover or a shakey hand! Have had no problems whatsoever!

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Yes, contacts.....

...as mentioned below are my solution to being a tad short-sighted. I use daily disposables but don't wear them unless I'm riding or at the gym. The thing that decided me was dropping a pair of spec's and treading on them while putting on a crash helmet. Focus Dailies are great, no solutions to muck about with so less chance of an infection and very comfortable too.

Reply to this Topic
cw47

Jul 05

cw47 says:

Flip-front?

As a spectacles wearer, I found the solution to the fiddly task of sliding my specs into the visor opening was to buy a flip-front helmet.  With the front up, it slips over the side-arms of my glasses easily.  Oh, and I have a phobia about objects near to my eyes - Eddy998's description of pre-leser correction almost made me pass out!  So I'll stick to specs, thanks.

Reply to this Topic
ava123

May 13

ava123 says:

If you think Francisco`s story is terrific..., a month-back my aunts girlfriend basically earnt $7518 working fourty hours a month from home and the're friend's sister`s neighbour has done this for four months and errned more than $7518 in their spare time at there labtop. use the guidelines from this web-site... kep2.comCHECK IT OUT

Reply to this Topic
ClaretEverywhere

Oct 08

Try a Shark Vision-R

The edge of the padding round the visor has a little removable section on each side. Makes it much easier to slide specs in without gouging yourself. Some other modern Shark lids probably have this feature too.

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

vision r the cheaper way

As ClaretEverywhere I too have Vision R by Shark and am as you elegantly put it 'four eyes' the removable pads are a godsend and for any 'four eyed' biker I highly recommended this as a less painful solution.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices