Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal

Cal Crutchlow’s frustration with Yamaha’s long-running pursuit of Spanish Moto2 rider Pol Espargaro could see him quit the satellite Monster-backed Tech 3 squad at the end of 2013. The British rider is adamant that his number one option for 2014 is to remain in the French-based Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad but on a contract direct with Yamaha in Japan. That is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 May 2013 18:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sventhrusta

Jun 13

sventhrusta says:

Cal and Scott Redding riding MotoGP on a factory Suzuki-two British riders on Suzukis:back to the 70's: Glory days?:-)

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Cal is caning the factory bikes on his satellite bike.

I hope Suzuki give Cal a factory ride next year, now that I would like to see. The Duke is not a contender, its too lardy and heavy on tyres no matter how well Dovi rides it for the first half of the race. Cal was overtaking Rossi and Haydn every race last year on those Ducati tubsters. Just move over and let Cal do the business, because he will pass the Duke anyway.

As for those bleating about Cal crashing out on practice, do you watch the practice and see how many riders crash out? The answer is plenty.

Cal is giving it the full berries, fair play to ya mate ! A true Brit ! and it shows.

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Politics

I'm not surprised that Cal is hacked off. I would be too. However MotoGP is always a political game as well as a racing one and for whatever the British riders don't have the same clout. Last year Cal was dumped by Ducati at the final hurdle rather shabbily and despite what others have said I recal the process at the time and Cal was fairly quiet throughout the process. This time he has found out by the looks of it through the back door that his seat is under threat despite the fact that he is currently beating the GOAT on a bike that is definitely not as good. The reality is that Cal would probably be a regular podium place finisher and possibly even the top spot if he had a full factory Yam or Honda. That's not going to happen however and I guess one can sense the frustration in him. If I was in his position I'd be pissed off as well knowing that with just a little more bike I could be the first British rider to win a MotoGP race since pussy was a cat. There are some possibilities though. Despite the fact that the deal between Dorna and BT has been lambasted by the biking fraternity it might be a good thing in some ways. If BT have put up enough money to justify it they could squeeze enough to get Cal a factory ride. After all if you are a British company that has sunk a whole load of wedge into MotoGP hoping to get a return then the best way of achieving it is to have a British rider on a factory machine. We may grumble but we'll put our hands in our pockets. Suzuki might come back into this game. If they do then Cal would be an obvious choice because he can race at the front and he does really, really try. Someone else said it that the dream team of Redding and Crutchlow would be a winner for us fans. So I'm hopeful. I think that Cal might get the factory bike and he might actually stand on the top step. But then I'm a glass is half full kind of person.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices