Skip to content

Discuss This MCN Guide: How to fit soft luggage General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN Guide: How to fit soft luggage

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Staff  says:

MCN Guide: How to fit soft luggage

We get a lot of queries here at MCN about how best to secure and fit soft luggage to bikes. So we thought we'd answer as many questions as possible in this quick, instructional video. - How to fit a tail pack- How to fit soft panniers- How to fit a tank bag.   brightcove.createExperiences();   View more great motorcycling videos on the MCN channel:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 June 2013 10:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stanleyknife

Jun 09

stanleyknife says:

Obvious?

Next week they'll be telling us how pig's fly and teaching your granny to suck eggs..........

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

hmmm

So you advise that pannier straps are placed up against the shock so they can catch in between the springs when you ride??? When trying to teach your granny to suck eggs, please remember not to drop the egg.

Reply to this Topic
robertotoole

Feb 13

robertotoole says:

Product placement!

Is this an advertising feature? I once had a pair of Oxford Products throw-overs. The strap broke and the bag melted on the exhaust. Not good. May I suggest Ortlieb's panniers - the ones that fit onto pannier rails. Hugely expandable. I use them on long tours, carrying a tent and lots of weight. Completely waterproof. I use them off road and have found them to be tough enough for anything. The clips are replaceable. I always carry a spare.

Reply to this Topic
robertotoole

Feb 13

robertotoole says:

Best soft luggage i have used

Julian Alps, Slovenia, heaviest rain I have encountered, Ortlieb panniers completely waterproof: https://twitter.com/robertotoole/status/342308501009362944/photo/1

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Ortleib

I crashed a set of Ortleibs a few years ago. They came off and bounced down the road. One got run over by a car. Then I picked em up and clipped em back to the bike. Virtually undamaged, and still water tight, the moral of the story is that Ortleib clips are a bit naff..... :)

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Oxford.

"We get a lot of queries here at MCN about how best to secure and fit soft luggage to bikes."

Ha! ha! No you don't.

Next week, how to wear (an Oxford) rucsack.

Reply to this Topic
jimsmimm

Apr 06

jimsmimm says:

wtf

surely anyone can fit them to a bike like that ...now lets see you fit them to a blade or similar....give us a larf..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices