Skip to content

BMW Staff Blog: Swings and roundabouts R1200GS

You are in... Forums > BMW > R1200GS > Staff Blog: Swings and roundabouts

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Richard Newland  says:

Staff Blog: Swings and roundabouts

Every bike will delight and frustrate you to some extent – it’s an inevitable truth. While touches of pure and simple genius will provide fodder to evangelise to your friends, there will always be those ‘what were they thinking’ facets that tug at the back of your happiness, and which you hope no-one else picks up on. The GS isn’t a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 June 2013 10:46)

Post a message in R1200GS

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Every GS rider...

...has to complain about & replace, or add to, at least 2 things... the screen is compulsory, as are the lights... beyond that the horn, seat & the exhaust are optional extras to whinge about & replace. If they made them better people would find other things to moan about... god forbid that on a motorcycle you should feel the effects of wind & it's the sworn duty of every GS owner to be visible from the moon at night... what were the bods at BMW thinking?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

Hedge

Every other week i'm regaled with rubbish from my fellow workmate, that his particular touring pipe and slippers bike is far superior to mine simply because he 'could light a fag at 100mph' the screen is so impressive.  Like you say, heaven forbid we feel the elements on a bike! Oh, he rides a Bmw too. Funny stuff.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

money

The screen has to be too low for short-arses, even though they don't generally ride the bike... and anyway, BMW want you to pay extra for the "touring" screen, the deflector panels, the fenda-extenda and obviously some new piece of kit for the rear of the bike.

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

moby

not your usual weapon of choice mate:shock:...............i hope your settling in nice to the mcn camp:wink:, we miss your input with fastbikes and as a reader i hope you give mcn what fb lost...................all the best mate (i hope you get some of your ol school machines featured on the rag:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Dual compound

Moby, in MCN last week but one, you rated the new Metzelers, but reckoned they squared off pretty quick albeit with plenty of miles, you reckon they'd be better with a dual compound rear...... it is a dual compound rear, the michelin anakee 3's are single compound the Metz is a dual ( rear only ) http://www.metzeler.com/site/uk/products/tyres-catalogue/Tourance-next.html Cheers dude!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices