Skip to content

Discuss This Days left to save Peak District’s best trail riding route General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Days left to save Peak District’s best trail riding route

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Days left to save Peak District’s best trail riding route

Motorcyclists have until June 28 to object to plans to ban motorised vehicles from the best green lane in the Peak District. The Peak District National Park Authority is proposing a permanent traffic ban on Chapel Gate, a two-mile route through moorland from near Chapel En Le Frith towards Edale, Derbyshire. A spokesman for the Trail Riders Fellowship said: “Chapel Gate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 June 2013 16:10)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Comment.....

.....Added, basically all authourities in the UK are against any form of motorcycling (not sure why) but they are, yet when the RAC rally comes to Wales great areas of forestry and other land is opened up for their use. I know this is to do with money but you don't see any objections by councils or local Government then.

Presure groups are the same all quiet when it comes to cars but ride a bike and your damaging the environment and committing great crimes.

The problem with the UK is all the doogooders want a say and they beleive that their point of view is more valid than anyone elses, this used to be called bullying but we live in a fucked up country, bullying is acceptable as long as you can hide it behind some form of protest.

Take anyone who disagrees with Homosexuals, you are automatically branded homophobic or racist, yet you merely have an opinion to which you are entitled to.

Same goes for immigration or any other hot topic if you don't agree your branded as loony left or way to the far right, its seems if you aint in the middle you will be labeled, well label this, My opinion is just that, i don't have to agree with anyone, it does not mean i am right/left far or otherwise, it just means i have a different outlook or interest, the Uk is full of Bullies in local Government and the main Government who all want the same thing, MP's who want to rip the public purse off, get their heads jammed in a fence whilst having sexual acts performed, get rent boys, allegedly commit rape and sexual assualt, flip houses, commit fraud, and we are the fucked up ones who just want to ride a bike? if all that is the meaning of conforming to society you can all fuck off and i will continue to ride my bike where ever and fuck you all.

P.S and apparently we who ride are not normal? FFS i would say the above are as far from normal as i can imagine.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

They're just paying lip service to due process though

In this case the legislation is not anti bike, it's anti any form of motorised vehicle. 4x4 off road cars (eg land rovers etc) will also be banned. It stems entirely from NIMBY ramblers who are demanding that their walk in the countryside should never be spoilt by the sound or view of any form of motorised vehicle.

The reality is that the peak district authority have already made up their minds and are doing lip service to due process. They'll shut down the route and claim they're protecting the environment.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

TRAILS

Any vehicle banning needs to be a gradual, monitored process starting with 4wd's for digging dirty great pits every time they get stuck.

Reply to this Topic
mikepenton

Jun 12

mikepenton says:

done

thanks for letting us know!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN