Skip to content

Discuss This Dutch TT: Cal blazes to pole! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dutch TT: Cal blazes to pole!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Dutch TT: Cal blazes to pole!

Cal Crutchlow has blazed to pole position for tomorrow's Dutch TT, blowing away his rivals in an exciting session. Crutchlow's late lap of 1'34.398 was 0.357 faster than that of second placed Marc Marquez. Marquez, delayed on his first fast lap by a big moment from Bradley Smith, also put in a late lap to take second. Stefan Bradl led the session...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 June 2013 14:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

brilliant

Pole from CC and great to see BS in 6th.These tech 3 bikes are pretty special.
Just cannot see Cal getting a win though wet or dry but I really hope he can prove me wrong.
My money is on Pedrosa but of course you cannot count out the amazing Mr Marquez!
Should be a cracking race whatever the weather.
Can't wait.

Oh and who said the Ducati's had improved?
Shit in the dry and shit in the wet.
What a surprise!

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Well done.

congratulations all round for Cal & Brad, 1st & 6tth. Cal on a satellite bike and Brad's bike made out of all the bits that nobody else wants. Top effort!

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Tech 3 practise starts

Interesting to see the contrast in bike behaviour when the Tech 3 boys lined up next to each other to practise their starts. Bradley's bike lept forward and made quick progress where as Cal's just seemed to slowly build up pace. It seems like Bradley dumps the clutch and is willing to put all his faith into launch control and let the electronics do the work off the line. I just hope Cal makes a start that his pole position deserves.

Good luck to both of them and the other Brits tommorow

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Bradley

the kid's done well, all he has to do, is finish inside the top 10 again, that's an achievement for him. I have to say that over-rated Duffy, oh sorry, Dovi, what a boner, just a big fat pay cheque and into oblivion, but could we expect any more with factory machinery throughout his GP1 career, and only one gifted win, it's a bridge too far for the 'pizza' boy. 

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Moto2 might be pretty entertaining. Top 21 within a second. Scott might well benefit from the ever improving Zarco. If Zarco can take points of Pol and Rabat. And sure there were a lot of Brits today, and everyone loves the underdog. But the cheering for Cal's pole also comes from him being outspoken i think. Those lame interviews after races when all the riders ramble on about their team doing a great job. Cal has something different to say most of the time wich is good to listen to. Stefan Bradl is enyoing his Brembo brakes it seems, proper ride from him today.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Got to agree, Unbreakable

Don't like this qualy format. I used to roll a big fat one and chill out for the hour long sessions, but this 15 minute frantic shit really kills my buzz. Who got pole?

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Oh, it was Cal

Just read the headline. He'll choke the start.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

The points table

tells a very different story BBL.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

That was some session it actually reminded me of last years German GP where the positions kept changing just a bit disappointed Vale missed the pole but hats off to Cal for his first pole position and the first for a Brit since 2002. The race is gonna be very interesting I have a feeling its gonna be a wet one biggest disappointment of the weekend has to be the factory Ducati riders rubbish in both conditions and most of all Dovi who has the been the worse works rider even if it does be a wet race like I predicted Ducati are gonna get outclassed IMO roll on the race looking so forward to it hopefully the Yamaha wins.

Reply to this Topic
spitfire74

Jan 12

spitfire74 says:

You're all crazy

Cal is crap. He just got lucky because his competition all binned it. If DP had enough time to get back on his bike and if Jorge didn't crash in the wet and if MM didn't high side earlier, he'd be on the second row, like always, behind the real riders. Naaaa! I'm just f*$&in' with you. Cal showed the trifecta today - talent, speed and balls. He deserves that P1 because he kept the bike upright when the other's didn't. Good for him. He's the real deal Great performance by Bradley Smith too. The young guy is unfairly (or fairly, but unfortunately) compared to MM, but he takes it in stride, keeps a positive outlook and hangs tough. I have to root for CC and BS, not only because they're showing true grit, I'm also an American - Brothers in arms and such. Go VR46.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices