Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Rossi takes dominant win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Rossi takes dominant win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen MotoGP: Rossi takes dominant win

Valentino Rossi took his 80th premier class win with a dominant performance at Assen today onboard the factory Yamaha. The victory marks Rossi's first win since the Malaysian grand prix in 2010. Starting from the second row, Rossi moved up to third at the end of the first lap with a hard move on German Stefan Bradl at the final chicane. On lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 June 2013 15:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

good win

by Rossi, can't see that he could have done any more than he did this weekend, it will be interesting to see if he is now competitive with a fit Jorge with what he thinks he found at Aragon (sounds like a Steely Dan song). It was always going to take him time to get Jorge's bike to be more to his liking, and perhaps to regain the confidence to ride a bike on the limit after 2 years on a Ducati.

I too would appreciate some new themes for your trolling Benny, beating Pedrosa on a factory Honda and pushing MM very close is nothing to be sneered at, and Cal would seem to be doing better than most satellite riders have done since 2006.

Reply to this Topic
tackyaccy

Dec 07

tackyaccy says:

I am not

a conspiracy theorist but there was something fishy about the Dutch GP.

1) Was Rossi riding his normal Yam or was it Lorenzos ? 

2) How did Cal get past Dani when Dani is one of the fastest riders on track with a superior bike ?

3) Did Dani throw this race?, it was his greatest chance to gain valuable points over Lorennzo and he comes in 4th WTF.

4) Did Ryder and Moody know something we did not, as the kept sliding the words DONE DEAL into their commentary

5) No mention in the press about Dani NOTHING!! why?

Is it me going mad or are my comments valid ?. I have been a biker for 40 yrs  and have followed the GPs for as long as I can remember but I have never seen anything like this.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Actually a pretty easy victory for Rossi. He started well and simply picked off Bradl and the 2 factory Honda aliens and neither of them were able to give him any real challenge as he opened a gap. Massive credit to Lorenzo, a fantastic result.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

I started to read the below comments but its turned into its usual bun fight...

So I'll start from here rather than joining in....! Well done Vale, we all knew it was there and it's great to see the old fella back on the top step. He rode a brilliant, controlling race and looked very comfortable on the bike. It's great to see someone other than the usual suspects taking the lead and long may the dice continue to roll. Cal rode a cracking race, Lorenzo is a man of steel. how fucking touch is that guy!? Marquez was on it and Dani was having an off day, but Honda will pull it together, the second half of the season should be theirs...... Dani is still leading the WC and it all counts to a brilliant finish in Valencia!!

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

tackyaccy

You're mad! Moody wasn't commentating, he was doing BTCC work, Rossi had a set up he liked, and Dani, speaking in the press, said he had tyre problems, particularly on entry. Are all conspiracy theorists this lazy?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"but still can't offer a plausible, alternative, explanation for Crutchlow's consistently poor starts."

..in the same way I suspect you can't offer up a plausible reason as to Cal's consistently strong finishes, eh Ben?..

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Ben 'n Dov

Is it not a pleasure that the chap from the valleys has become rather quiet of late?

Bill

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

your post at the start of this thread

is strangely reminiscent of the reasons given by many of your ilk as to why riders other than Rossi didn't really win races and championships, Monkey, which had never been applied to Rossi during his great run.

As I said previously, Rossi could do no more this weekend than he did, and I suspect more wins are coming.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Now eat your humble pie

Where are all the Rossi haters now?? The guys on here (the majority it seemed) that went on and on about how Stoner was better than Val ?? (the guy who just couldn't wait to stop bike racing and moaned endlessly whilst doing it). They guys that said Rossi wouldn't win another race in the MCN poll?? The guys that said that Rossi has only won 9 world titles because he had the best bikes and the competition was crap??? Get real. Hilarious isn't it. To all you Rossi haters and doubters that have spouted your opinion so forcefully and incessantly over the last 2 years, pick up your spoons and start eating your humble pie.

Reply to this Topic
alex819

Mar 12

alex819 says:

Motogp ruined

Once again the result of the motogp has been ruined for me thesecond time in a row! Why cant you wait like afew days until you post race results all over the main part of your page?! Infuriating >:(

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices