Skip to content

YAMAHA Staff Blog: First long ride (and in the sun, too!) YZF-R125

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > YZF-R125 > Staff Blog: First long ride (and in the sun, too!)

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Staff Blog: First long ride (and in the sun, too!)

It seems I couldn’t have picked a better time to finally get out on two wheels! The sun’s beaming down, I’m sitting in the press office at Snetterton, and the little Yamaha R125 is parked outside. I’ve made my first decent length run on it to get here, knocking back the 70 miles from Peterborough in just under an hour and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 July 2013 15:48)

Post a message in YZF-R125

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I

nod to anything on two wheels with a motor unless I'm busy with other things like traffic. If you're still having neck problems look at your helmet. Some are designed for upright bikes and aerodynamically aren't as well suited to sports riding positions, hence why Shark do two versions of their top range lid - one for upright and one for sports riding positions.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Super, a nod thread

I give a jaunty wave to everyone, including the chavviest of pedbois. But really, if you spunk £4.5K on a plastic fantastic 11kW 125, you should expect a bit of eye rolling to go with your nods.

Reply to this Topic
JackSwatman

Nov 12

JackSwatman says:

Nods

I'm currently on a 'supermoto' style 50cc and receive nods from bikers off all kinds; sports, cruisers, peds etc. I have my theory test booked and will be doing my practicals shortly after when I'm 17, please update us in your next blog.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Meanwhile in the Colonies

Most of the people who do not wave* back are on Harley-Davidsons - mostly white collar professionals playing at being 1% MC members.  But I do get a lot more return waves from the H-D crowd when I am on the Bonnie (and even the TW200) than on the Dullsville, Ninja 250, or NHX110.

*An advantage of riding on the right.

Reply to this Topic
garethpn

Dec 12

garethpn says:

Nod

I nod all the time... can't help it... damn potholes!

Reply to this Topic
davetrousers

Aug 02

davetrousers says:

Tail tidy

That bike is crying out for a tail tidy.

Reply to this Topic
deaks25

Apr 09

deaks25 says:

L-Plate Snobbery

With my L-Plates still recent in my memory I can say from experience taht I do think that most bikers assume any bike adorned with L-Plates is being ridden by a snotty teenager making a holigan of themselves & it makes me very sad as a 125 ridder is no less a 'proper' biker than anyone else (My machine has to suffer 15,000 miles a year!) & in fact most L-Plated blikes I see on my regular commute use their bikes everyday, more so than big bikers.

Usually big bike commuters learn who the regualr commuters are & offer nods but most don't straight away.

Hint for anyone whose first assumption is that it's just a school child on that L-Plated machine; most 125's are used longer into winter than anything else, because it's either that or the bus!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices