Skip to content

Discuss This Circuit of Wales get initial go ahead General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Circuit of Wales get initial go ahead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Circuit of Wales get initial go ahead

The circuit of Wales has received outline planning permission from Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council following a council meeting today. The project team will now commence work on the detailed planning application. The new circuit which has aspirations to host MotoGP, WSB and BSB on its 3.5 mile track at the 830 acre site at Blaenau Gwent. It promises to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 July 2013 16:34)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JackSwatman

Nov 12

JackSwatman says:

A guaranteed wet race

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Err.....

....not really jack,,its currently 28 degrees and not a cloud in the sky? Learn not to believe everything you hear, Wales especially the south can be really hot.........on the other hand over the last 7 years its been the same as the rest of the UK....pissing down but this year were good to go.

Well done Blaenau Gwent Council for going with the plans, as for the objectors (we will damage wildlife and open spaces will be lost) for F88k sake, if Wales has one thing..it has plenty of open spaces and wildlife, why do you think they train the elite forces of the British army down this way......you F88king numpties.

Also like to say well done to all invovled in getting the planning sorted....looking forward to a world class race circuit.

Reply to this Topic
StupidRider

Jul 09

StupidRider says:

Ridiculous

What a bloody f@@kin joke! The south already have a MotoGP/ F1 track!... They should have put it in the North of Wales, They'll probably charge a fortune too like Silverstone, Th last UK MotoGP race I went To was Donnington and it cost about £30

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Be careful.....

how you go.......They (Some of them) don't like "Biker Types"..... Or "the English".... and watch out for Tractors spreading Mud on the roads...... oh and Sheep.... and if they start talking in Welsh.......then they really don't like you. This is just an opinion based on a few first hand experiences over the years.....not that it stops me from visiting....cus...I love the place.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

On little problem

Ionly live 30 minuets away how can I justify camping the night and getting pissed the night before race day ?Going to be bloody great innit but ! ( dont worry it Welsh speak )

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

sorted!

World class race track on my doorstep. time to seriously start considering track bikes!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fantastic news

This should be the track and facility British motorsport deserves given its global standing. Let's hope the CoW team can turn this superb dream into a reality.

Wales is motorcycling heaven too. A couple of days either side of the GP exploring the country would be well worth the effort.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Well said Snev

The only good things about Wales are the women and the fact we have a Prince Of Wales who is English. Well not strictly true, he's of German decent. In fact,  I haven't forgiven the Welsh for killing our English King and putting the liar and cheating grandson of a Welsh footsoldier on the throne of England. Owen Tudor has a lot to answer for and his grandson Henry Tudor should have been destroyed at Bosworth and his head stuck on a pole at The Tower Of London.

Anyway, in the name of 21st century, neighbourly, cross border bonding I wish Wales good luck I suppose. :dopeyhmmmm:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"Wales is motorcycling heaven too"

So, you've never been to Wales then Nostro?...They don't like motorcycles there..http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8253239.stm

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

This is good news

For Wales and as a whole the economy in the area. My only niggle is the transport links, they need to be world class, good road and rail links, these costs are not in the £300,000,000 proposed budget, that would be a separate cost to local and federal government which could put a mockers on it. New hospitals and schools or a rail link and motorway extension to a venue used 4-6 times a year buy large crowds. We have circuits already, why build a massive airport in the thames estuary when you can improve Heathrow kind of argument. Good luck to all involved and I hope that in 10 years I am standing in the grandstand cheering my nephew on his 5th world title.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices