Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow escapes serious injury after two fast practice crashes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow escapes serious injury after two fast practice crashes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow escapes serious injury after two fast practice crashes

Cal Crutchlow’s bid for a fourth MotoGP podium of 2013 got off to a painful and tough start in Germany today after the British rider was left battered and bruised after two heavy practice crashes. Seconds remained in a cool and cloudy FP1 this morning when Crutchlow lost control of his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 in the braking zone for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 July 2013 17:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Mmm..

..a bit too much talk of "Re-Butting" for comfort there DF?

You'll be wanting to join Nobstroke & BatiBoys lycra clad tag team, I take it..?

Why does that not surprise me coming from a Stoner fan?

The 2008 combo of Stoner on the pipe frame Ducati with custom made race tyres was indeed pretty formidable, even though he cracked under pressure when he needed most to ride tough.

Using wosi's favourite benchmark - Qatar, because as a night race conditions are very similar year to year - let me provide the scintilla that DF asks.

Casey's race winning time 2008 was over 17 seconds faster than 2009 on the CF bike with control Bridgestone tyres..less specific to the Duke as everyone had to use them.

2010 he crashed, but Hayden finished 4th 1.8sec behind the winner in an almost identical time that Stoner ran the year before.

2011, on his debut, Rossi finished 7th, 16sec behind the winner but at a very similar pace to Stoner 2009 & Hayden 2010.

The CF Ducati stayed about the same right throughout, the tyres didn't get better..in fact Stoner says the got worse. Conditions were the same, give or take.

I'll say it again..Stoner was 17 secs faster in 2008, largely because of the special Bridgestones.

He was winning races because the bike was at least the equal of Yamaha & Honda THEN.

Put Rossi or Hayden on the bike in 2008 with those set of circumstances..and they would have been at the front too.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

What r u lot on about??? Crutchlow had crashed... He's pushing... Big deal. Good on him for going for it I say.... Lots have crashed this w end. He's riding great this year and deserves a good ride for next year and I'm hoping this continues. Can a Brit get a factory ride in moto GP????? Doubt it..... But it's deserved. GO CAL!!

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Hmm

Or to put it another way. Stoner in 2010 had 3 wins and 6 podiums. Rossi in 2011 had 1 podium. 

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Caprossi 07?

After being 1 of the fastest riders at the front in 06 he was no where in 07 when stoner destroyed the field, Rossi or Hayden could have being in exactly same situation rather than front

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

"Using wosi's favourite benchmark - Qatar

Casey's race winning time 2008 was over 17 seconds faster than 2009"

Rossi's race time 2008 was 12 seconds faster than 2009. On  tyres more suited to the Ducati.

Your point is?

"Stoner was 17 secs faster in 2008, largely because of the special Bridgestones".

Bridgestone never built "special" tyres or overnight specials. In 2007 with the changes in the amounts allowed they were just the better tyres, developed largely from input from Ducati. Of course they suited the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
widdy

Dec 12

widdy says:

Dogsbreath

Another thread thread fucked by that wanker living in the past. Go pull your tiddler to your reflection in the Trent like you usually do. DONK

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Don't feed him then - you responding to this statistical garbage is what he feeds on. Anyone with half  a brain should see it's meaningless drivel. You respond, he sits there with a big fat hard on, laughing

Reply to this Topic
widdy

Dec 12

widdy says:

Don't feed him then

Tell me what you do all day long then Bulto, I,m surprised you havn,t choked him by now. You shovel it in all day long

Reply to this Topic
widdy

Dec 12

widdy says:

Big fat one?

Oh! Bulto I said tiddler not 'big fat one' he has been known to be caught at it

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

statistical garbage

is not a bad call by BB Wosi. I prefer tawdry sophistry as a descriptor myself. It is disappointing that you are restricting your once very expansive repertoire of logical fallacies; it seems to be straight to argumentum ad hominem and straw man these days

You cannot produce any evidence that anyone else could do what Stoner did on a Ducati, largely I suspect because there isn't any; coulda woulda shoulda in some alternate universe doesn't cut it I am afraid. The relevant actual like-for-like comparisons are Capirossi on a 2007 Ducati, Melandri (the bloke whose results on the 2006 Honda are proof that Stoner should have won the 2006 championship on an LCR Honda according to one of your more out there recent posts) in the 2007 post season test and in the 2008 season (44 .258 seconds behind Stoner at Qatar 2008), Hayden in the 2008 post season test. I could go on.

As for your self proclaimed superior  wit and humour, humour in my experience requires some appreciation of the notion of irony; you only 1 post ago called me an over sensitive fanboy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices