Skip to content

Discuss This Bike Chooser: Mini adventure bikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike Chooser: Mini adventure bikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Bike Chooser: Mini adventure bikes

Honda Varadero XL125 Honda’s baby adventure bike has been busily going about its business since 2001 and is something of an unsung hero of the 125 class. Looking like a mini version of the Varadero 1000 (which was launched two years earlier in 1999), the 125 even uses a tiny and intricate V-twin motor. How’s that for attention to detail? The Varadero...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 July 2013 09:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Avoid the XT...

My ex-girlfriend had one of these a few years ago and I've never known such a poor finish on a motorcycle. Although it may look like an off road motorcycle it is really just a road bike dressed up in off road colours.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

2smoke

i agree, iv never known anyone to have one and not have consistent problems with it

Reply to this Topic
HuggyBearFezzy

Jul 13

How could MCN miss out the Derbi Terra 125 and Derbi Terra Adventure 125? I have the Terra 125 and use it to ride over the Pennines from Yorkshire into Lancashire (and back) in all sorts of weather, daily. Brilliant seating position, comfortable and manoeuvrable. It doesn't weight much and is perfectly suited to riding both country lanes and city streets. :-)

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Looks like Honda have just dropped the Verydearo XL125

I guess it didn't really "easily justify its price tag", given that it was near as dammit the same cost as a new CB500.  Shame, as their owners do seem to love them.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

DT125X

I had a DT125X as my learn-how-to-ride bike for a few years, and it was bloody great. Nippy in rush hour traffic and super-light. Absolutely nothing went wrong with it in the 3 or 4 years I had it. Shame that the 2-strokes got banned, or whatever happened to them.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices