Skip to content

Discuss This Marquez, Crutchlow and Rossi talk 2013 title race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marquez, Crutchlow and Rossi talk 2013 title race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marquez, Crutchlow and Rossi talk 2013 title race

A dramatic German MotoGP weekend blew the 2013 world championship wide open with rookie Marc Marquez’s fourth straight win at the Sachsenring moving him to the top of the points standings. Marquez knew a victory in yesterday’s 30-lap race would move him into the world championship lead with Spanish rivals Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa both out through injury after heavy...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 July 2013 10:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

If Lorenzo and ped don't recover quick Marquez is going to take this championship......

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

It's Marc's to lose

It looks like Jorge's going to take a few races to regain full fitness and strength in his shoulder, and we who have watched MotoGP since Pedrosa came up from 250's know that when he has a serious injury, it always takes him a while to get his confidence back. As for Rossi, it will be very hard for him to beat Marquez, but you never know, he is Rossi. Crutchlow, a disadvantage he may have, is that he is the only one in the top 5 that hasn't had his home GP, and that extra pressure may not be very good for him, because the last two British GP's have seen him crash in practice and break something like a collarbone or a ankle. Oh yeah, he crashes a lot too, luckily for him, not in races.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

whoever wins its so far been the most interesting season for a long time.yes the actual racing still isnt fantastic but the twists and turns have made it great viewing.i cant see cal winning not because he isnt good enough but because come raceday a satellite set up is always gunna be a tenth or 2 slower than a factory machine and come race day its those tenths that are costing him.lorenzo shud concede this season and fully recover(theres no point doing a spies and keep damaging himself)rossi is the master at doing the unbelievable so you cant count him out marquez will keep crashing but how heavy is the key.dani has gotta be favourite for it as long as it was the dizzyness and not his shoulder thats made him miss the race

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

you're right about this season Bart, the best i can remember for a long time.

i can't see Cal winning on the tech3 either because you've pointed out already that the set up will never be as good and even if it's close the riders mind will work to make sure it isn't!

i had Dani down for it this year but his perrenial fragility just keeps cropping up and when he is fit for the season (or fit enough) he still gets bested.

i honestly couldn't see Dani walk away so unhurt from some of Marcs crashes this season, especially the 210 mph practice off that looked very very scary.

with that in mind if Dani doesn't do it this season he never will.

good luck to him though, another name on the WC is always good for the sport.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The race has been blown wide open hope JL recovers quick but with the way Marquez is going if he continues with this sort of form he could possibly take the title.

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

Marquez

With dp and jl injured, my 5p is on Marquez for the WC.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

STONER

would have whupped em...they're all a bunch of 2nd rate chumps compared to stoner

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

1st season champ?

MM must be wetting himself. Halfway through the season and the two main protagonists are covered in band-aids and he's leading the WC. The second half of the season should be an absolute gem.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

So far I make that 3 riders that have had the title in the bag this year... Long way to go and Marquez has been pretty lucky crash wise so far.. Cal is ahead of Rossi because Rossi was taken out at Mugello. This alone is not enough to give Cal the ride over the yamaha legend, add to that, that Rossi is still struggling to find his feet and Cal is in the form of his life and there i snothng in it. And it's pretty easy to see why he isn't a shoe in on a factory Yam. Should go to Honda. I make marquez the 3rd champion elect already this season, and some folk are still predicting..?? Seasons a long way from over. There's still another 10-11 races in which to fall off..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices