As follows; (always worked for me at least, never dropped it, never felt like it was going to drop!)
1. Bike on side stand, front wheel either to left or straight ahead.
2. Position paddock stand under bobbins at same angle as bike on side stand; ie: right paddock stand wheel off ground.
3. Hold strap on rear seat and whilst lifting bike off side stand gently pull backwards on strap. You have to be sensible but bike basically locates itself into paddock stand cups.
4. Pull bike back on paddock stand.
5. When returning bike to side stand do same as before but in reverse and with three hints;
Hint 1: Never flip up side stand as it's easy to forget when returning.
Hint 2: Keep front wheel either straight or to the left.
Hint 3: Get a second person for the first couple of try's.
Don't know if this is the right way, but it is very easy. My bike weighs about 188KG, I weigh about 60KG
No horrible backlash please!! Just saying it works for me :-))