Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow nearing future decision MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow nearing future decision

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow nearing future decision

Cal Crutchlow is nearing making a final decision on his 2014 MotoGP plans, with the British rider’s future dominating paddock gossip once again in Laguna Seca.The 27-year-old is likely to make a decision on his plans during the three-week summer break that he will spend in California and an announcement could be made during the forthcoming Indianapolis round in mid-August.Crutchlow’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 July 2013 09:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Objective as ever

Rossi is Rossi pal, you should know that by now..and if we're being honest, that's why Crutchlow fans are squealing as loud as the man himself.

Horseshit - only in your mind could it be reduced to that

It's purely a debate on whether a rider deserves a better spec bike. On current showing, he deserves one. Jarvis is a snidey looking character and his comments have the whiff of deceipt and hypocrisy. Yamaha can supply non-MSMA teams with 12 engines each and now there are frames in the offing too, but they can't stretch their "resources" to giving a Tech3 bike the final few upgrades that would make it factory spec.  Unless it's Espargaro that's on it.

Yamaha could run a 3 man team with number 3 under the Tech3 banner. Reports suggest that's exactly what they'll do for Espargaro.

Motogp is a crock of shit, the structure is all wrong, riders effectlively "buy" rides depending on the passport or marketebility. There are only 4 seats generally worth having with many more riders who deserve one and could possibly shine brghtly in Motogp forced to trundle round on the utterly useless and pointless CRT sheds, or non-MSMA machines from next year. The only way they can be competitive is through bending the rules with more fuel, better tyres etc. Pointless.

And don;t make us laugh about Cal jerking Yamaha around Wosi. I seem to remember another rider doing a fair bit of that between 2006 - 2010 with threats of going to F1 or WRC and then "him or me". Ultimately it earned him a ride at Ducati when he jerked them once too often.

And you, nor anyone one of us, know this as fact:

Crutchlow and his manager knew Tech3 would have prototype M1's..any reference otherwise was a smokescreen to deflect blame elsewhere on a technicality.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bitter Bulto..

Old wosi can't help the fact your blinkered fanboy outlook don't like reality..

If you're so jacked off with MotoGP sunbeam, do us a favour and comment somewhere else, you won't be missed.

Rossi IS different to the other riders based on his global appeal and being the GOAT..get used to it.

Yamaha COULD run another factory bike but why WOULD they change the habit of a lifetime for Crutchlow? It's not going to happen so stop your silly whining. Life ain't fair sometimes.

If you honestly think there was validity in Crutchlow stating he may have to ride a Tech3 Moto2 bike for 2014..you're dumber than I thought.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

''Yamaha are looking to the future, so seem to have signed Pol. Honda have been snapping up every decent 250/moto2 rider for years, and slotting them in where they see fit''

Hasn't always worked out for them though has it? (Aoyama, Elias). Surely Cal should be looking to beat Espargaro next year and lay claim to a decent factory ride in 2015? Or perhaps he fears that he may not get equal treatment to Yamaha's 'chosen one'...?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So Wosi - you really think the state of Motogp is healthy - just 4 bikes capable of winning, with this year an exception, as we have a satellite bike for the first time in years that is near factory spec with someone on it that just may win one.

You're starting to exhibit the same sort of displike for Cal as you did for Stoner. He's come up the hard way into Motogp, self funded club racer who made it up to the big league through a less than traditional route. But he's proved what I've always said. If you're fast, you're fast. No such thing as a Superbike rider or Motogp rider. He's fought tooth and nail to get where he is and he's still fighting to get an equal chance of winning something.

Sure, he's sounded off a bit too often early season.It's been tempered recently, but he's still going to speak his mind to a degree. He's not a corporate dummy.

As for your last comment:

If you honestly think there was validity in Crutchlow stating he may have to ride a Tech3 Moto2 bike for 2014..you're dumber than I thought.

What do you see as a propsed solution if Tech3 end up with 3 riders 2014? They won't all be on an M1 will they?

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Only a factory M1 or a Repsol Honda(no chance of that he's not Spanish)are the only options worth taking.No other bike is capable of winning a GP.Moving to LCR would be a backward step as the Tech 3 bikes are better as is the team set up.It looks like it's a case of sign for the money Cal coz your passport ensures you'll never get a top bike.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

hard to tell

one blinkered fanboy from another on here wosi.  I make no claim to be otherwise myself.

Cal imo is very unfortunate to be displaying his talent  just at this particular time in GP racing history. He is riding as well as anyone, and deserves a factory ride, it is just that the guys on the only four real factory rides are rather good at this time. If Spies (of whom I am also a fan, but whom circumstance and happenstance also didn't favour) was one of the incumbents, he would be looking good.

I don't think Cal's mouth/possible indiscretion/ whatever has cost him though; there just is no factory Yamaha ride.

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Only news for some

I reckon money is the greatest motivator for Cal, expect a severe/moderate drop in pace after the signing. Maybe his sex drive will improve though. All is well that ends well. He's got the money now, who cares about wins, oh the fans....but who's fool enough to be his fan....not me, haha.

Ducati, not good enough to get a top rider. Sad state of affairs for the the Italian team.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Of course I'm not happy there appear to be only 4 seats capable of winning the title, but just why is that Bulto?

You have a pop at CRT but seem to forget there would have been just 12 bikes on the grid if Carmelo hadn't forced the MSMA's hand.

I've been here a hundred times before on this site..The current manufacturers don't want competition. They are happy to use the series as a big fat marketing tool for brand awareness. NFI in the sport.

20 litres/5 engines is a fkin joke..but that's the way they want it because it prevents other factories entering because they haven't the money to sink into developing race programs to compete.

Why do Yamaha and Honda send their old bikes to the crusher instead of selling them to race teams?

Where are all the old pipe/CF frame Ducati's Stoner was so successful on?

What's gonna happen if Audi pull the plug on Corse because they view the gap they're getting beaten by as embarrassing and detrimental to the brand..a waste of time and money? 

What's in it for Bridgestone, who get slagged off every other weekend and supply tyres for nothing?

I could go on and on..and have many times before, you know that.

I backed Crutchlow right from the start..when many were questioning his ability and his right to a legitimate place on the grid. For the sake of British racing, I'd like to see him succeed.

But I will NOT blow smoke up his arse just because he was born in the same country as me.

If I think he's played a howler over his off track ducking and diving, I'll say so.

Some of you seem to think it is tantamount to treason criticising the lad..well tough fucking shit.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

CoolHand

Well if that's the case, then his chances of winning a race letalone a WC is almost certainly over.

Ducati are at least two years away from challenging for wins based on present form. Only person that could do what Stoner did on it would be Marquez.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

So, he's factory after all...

..Jeez, there's some dopey bollocks on here..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices