Skip to content

Discuss This Honda's naked VF800 designs New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda's naked VF800 designs

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda's naked VF800 designs

New patents show that Honda is developing a new low-cost, high-spec naked bike around its venerable – but legendary – VFR800 V4 engine. The bike’s overall design is hinted at in an innocuous-sounding patent titled “Hollow-welded assembled frame structure”, which refers to a fairly technical aspect of how a steel trellis frame can be made. What’s interesting about the patent isn’t so...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 July 2013 16:14)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Honda innocuous v4

Mm, i think, Honda could be onto a winner here if they come up with the goods, that is.......

.......In the shape of the pre- V-TEC engine and go back to the GDC ( gear driven cam) version.

I'm not bothered about the V-TEC effect, i want the GDC engine back. It lasts longer, is less bother and you just have that sense of peace of mind with that engine.

I also HOPE, they give it the Hornet 600 forks and get rid of the linked brake system. Give it ABS and RAD CALS, at least, and for goodness sakes keep the single swinger.......

I hope Honda, when or if they release this model give it the `WOW' factor, as in... `it may be built to a budget but just look at the style, very agrressive and i want one', otherwise, don't bother.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

But..

The seat looks a bit uncomfortable.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

VF800

Make it a GDC engined, more TDM than Crossrunner, with a decent screen for £8k and I'd also be interested.

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Give it a

decent sized tank too. Not that thimble the new Yamaha has. Keep it in the Yamaha's price bracket though and I'll have one too.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Please Mr Honda...

10,000 mile service intervals, shaft drive, 80+mpg, 300 mile tank range, big comfy seat, internal storage for two full face helmets and linked ABS.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Better Still

Make a GDC, HFT, Shafty, on 16Inchers, more Tmax GT than DN/Integra/S.wing for £9.5k and I'd be even more interested.

Reply to this Topic
claudia444

Jul 13

claudia444 says:

See

Isaac. I agree that Roy`s st0rry is flabbergasting, on saturday I bought a brand new Dodge when I got my cheque for $9871 this last five weeks and also ten-grand lass-month. it's definitly the most-financialy rewarding Ive had. I began this 8-months ago and pretty much immediately startad bringin home minimum $84... per hour. I follow the details here, http://m3mi.com/3621CHECK IT OUT

Reply to this Topic
Jconway651

Aug 11

Jconway651 says:

What exactly is patentable about a V4 in a trellis steel frame.???

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

FFS!

Will someone just remove that Claudia444's account!

Reply to this Topic
toshibaz

Mar 10

toshibaz says:

its the new Africa Tween

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle