Skip to content

Discuss This Staff Blog: Bolt from the blue proves electrifying First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Staff Blog: Bolt from the blue proves electrifying

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Richard Newland  says:

Staff Blog: Bolt from the blue proves electrifying

I've been thinking recently that I might be the worst sort of motorcyclist there is. A hypocritical one. One who is nervous of letting his kids ride motorbikes. When I was growing up the desire to ride bikes coursed through my veins with surprising clarity and conviction. I don't know where the passion and desire came from, I'm not...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 July 2013 17:16)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JackSwatman

Nov 12

JackSwatman says:

The bike bolt/volt

which one? choose

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

I don't think its hypocritical

I always wanted a bike as a teenager but never seriously enough to act on it. And in all honesty i think its been for the best. If i had made the mistakes i made in a car on a bike, i probably wouldn't be here. I finally got a bike in my late twenties, with 10 years of driving experience, and a lot less hormones clouding my judgement. Bikess are fast, inherently unstable and require high levels of observation to keep the rider safe, experience also comes in handy. Is this something that you should learn to do whilst learning how to control your self, your vehicle and how to interact with tons of metal flying down the road at hundreds of metres per second. I wouldn't advise my boy to do it.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

I agree with Zogg

It's not hypocritical at all. If I'd been allowed a bike when I was learning to drive a car, I'd not be alive today.... I was wild in the car... and I would have been as wild on the bike. I did crazy things in a car with results that were survivable in a car... but probably not on a bike. From what I've seen round here, I don't think the teenagers of today are any different. Unfortunately the roads *are* a lot more dangerous to bikes, with texting idiots all over the place.

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Not everyone

Behaves like a twat or writes cheques their abilities can't cash on the road. 30 years of riding all roads, conditions and times of year and 1 accident when a pedestrian ran into the side of me whilst trickling through traffic. My mum shit a brick when I brought my first bike home and if I'd listened to her raving about the dangers of bikes on the road I'd have deprived myself of a lifetime of joy which has helped to define me. My boy is on the threshold of this and I'll do all I can to prepare and equip him if/when he wants to ride. Especially his attitude because it's behaving like a dick with his eyes closed and his ego inflated that will be his worst enemy, as some of you it seems already know.

Reply to this Topic
claudia444

Jul 13

claudia444 says:

See

upto I saw the draft four $5588, I did not believe that...my... cousin woz truley earning money in their spare time from there computar.. there aunt had bean doing this for less than nine months and at present paid for the depts on there cottage and bourt a gorgeous BMW 5-series. we looked here, http://m3mi.com/3621CHECK IT OUT

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices