Skip to content

Discuss This Motus shows off finished bike at Laguna Seca MotoGP New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Motus shows off finished bike at Laguna Seca MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Motus shows off finished bike at Laguna Seca MotoGP

American manufacturer Motus has shown the final production version of the 1650cc V4 sports touring Motus MST which is scheduled to go on sale in Autumn this year; a delay over the initial aim of 2012. There is a little bit of deja vue with what Motus has done this weekend as the firm showed off the ‘final’ version of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 10:59)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Hope

it rides better than it looks, cause only a mother could love that! Oh........and the price???

Reply to this Topic
Motus1

Jul 13

Motus1 says:

Motus revealed prototypes two years ago at Laguna Seca and was not at Laguna Seca last year. Katech was contracted to make the prototype engines, and was not involved in the development of the production engines. The model names are MST and MSTR. Motus does not call their V4 "half a V8". It's a tad more sophisticated than that. Thanks.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Specific Output

The claimed specific output of the Motus V4 is roughly the same as a Honda ST1300 V4 - not at all shabby for a 2-valve/cylinder push-rod motor.   Consider that a H-D Twin Cam of similar size only makes about 70 to 80 HP at the crank in stock tuning.

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

Despite the naysayers,

I think that Motus should be congratulated for producing an American bike that is not a V twin. Considering that this is their first attempt, it may have its flaws, but I wish them every success. Low power output is more than likely linked with a high torque figure, as yet unquoted.

I guess that it won't handle as well as well as some might like, but I suspect that it will be far superior to anything that Harley, Polaris or even Indian can produce. Their obvious main market will be the USA, so it should appeal for those American bikers not swayed by heritage (read not modern) or other such marketing hype.

Given that Triumph rose from the ashes and produced a first bike that was good but not brilliant, look at them now. So long as Motus have the wherewithal to develop future models with a range of engines, they could indeed be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years.

Good luck to them.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Oi

claudia....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Harley, Polaris or even Indian???

Huh???  There is no Polaris motorcycle marque. Both Victory and Indian are marques owned by Polaris (and share engine production and final assembly facilities in Wisconsin and Iowa, respectively.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Preunit!

Brilliant, very funny but I think wasted on Claudia who I don't think will get the joke!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

mudDoctor

Triumph didn't exactly..."rise from the ashes"....A rich Person Bought the name and spent Millions developing a new range of bikes. That's simply.......Brilliant business..... well done (Sir).... John Bloor.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices