Skip to content

Discuss This New Yamaha XV950 first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > New Yamaha XV950 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New Yamaha XV950 first ride

Yamaha’s new XV950 ‘performance bobber’ – or Harley Sportster rival to you and us – has just been put through its paces in Los Angeles, California, by MCN’s Andy Davidson. These are his first impressions ahead of a full test report coming soon. “The new XV950’s role in life is two-fold. On the one hand, its ‘bobber’ aspirations means it has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 July 2013 11:39)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

XV 950.......USA V'S UK

Mm, so, here we are again.........Being ripped off in ol' Blighty, we pay £7199 & £7499 (R version) while our Yankee cousins get this model for $7990 & $8290.

Now at the current rate of exchange we pay the equivalent of $11.041.21 & $11,501.00 respectively.

This outrageous but nothingnew, not in rip off Britain....... A difference of $3-3500, that's £2-2500 difference

we have to pay for the privilege of having one of these bikes.

That difference could go a long way to paying for insurance clothing and some extra's.

I mean, same as the car tax, we pay for any vehicle in UK, extortion and then some yet, people pay it,

we're doomed.......

Reply to this Topic
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

oh dear yamaha

nice bike and i do like it but the price is just to high.

i know all the harley knockers will be out in force and say that the yamaha will be on the road while the harley's getting fixed etc. but you can get a very low mileage iron with all the added bits for about £5,500 and then take it to a dealer for the 1200 cc upgrade and that will still work out cheaper than buying the R yamaha version.

in a time where money is hard to save and even harder to earn yamaha should have looked to price this at the £6,500 bracket. i would have been tempted and sure many others would have.

but sorry. can get a harley iron cheaper.

Reply to this Topic
robk321

Jun 11

robk321 says:

I kinda really like this bike. I think it adds to its cool that its NOT a harley, which are just a bit naff really.

Reply to this Topic
C12Steve

Oct 10

C12Steve says:

Harley are going to have to increase the price of the 883 Iron by £600 to compete with this.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Zombies will pay any price........

.......Yes that's right zombies because it doesn't matter HOW MUCH an item in Britain costs, the public never question where the manufacturer's got the price from, they simply pay up,wanting the latest, pretending the extortionate pricing is nothing, they can take it, they're hard as nails coz they're British.......LOL, doomed.......

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

typical moaning

why is it people go on and on about the exchange rate with usa, your fools! oooh that's expensive my old cb 500 from the 70s was only 10p , oooooh nearly 8k for a motorbike its discusting, well don't fucking pay it then simples.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Typical Tory zombie attitude

Quote:  why is it people go on and on about the exchange rate with usa, your fools! oooh that's expensive my old cb 500 from the 70s was only 10p , oooooh nearly 8k for a motorbike its discusting, well don't fucking pay it then simples.......

Yes, it is that simple, the sane people of this world, wait until the bike becomes available used with no more than 1000 miles at most, saving themselves hundreds if not a couple of grand.

It's BIGHEADS like yourself, telling people they're moaners, because they're p****d off with being squeezed for every penny, that has the likes of CAMERON destroying this country and manufacturers DICTATING absurd prices on an already financially oppressed buying public, who by the way are being brainwashed with consumer advertising non stop, in order to get them to buy goods they don't need, to keep up them in debt.:wacko:

But like you say, if you don't want to pay then look away. Trouble is with that attitude, the wankers in power won't stop the greed machine and zombies like yourself coughing up the readies all too eagerly because you're not bothered, are giving them a licence to do so.......:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DRVEL

Jul 13

DRVEL says:

This country was destroyed by two labour terms long before Cameron became PM. I'm guessing you can't afford the bike ??

Reply to this Topic
claudia444

Jul 13

claudia444 says:

See

upto I saw the check saying $8818, I be certain that...my... best friend was actually receiving money part-time from there computar.. there neighbour has done this for only twenty three months and resantly took care of the morgage on their place and got a brand new Dodge. this is where I went, http://m3mi.com/3621CHECK IT OUT

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

@ hondagixer

Hi Hondagixer, Was just about to post exactly that - for similar money you can get a Harley sportster. Have to admit that nowadays the reliability and handling etc is getting much better. Add to that, I bought a new XJR1300 a few years ago and the quality was dire! Also, if you went for the Harley, its still be worth loads more than the yam a few years later, in fact, after my ownership experience, id say the yam would have dropped to bits by then :) Baz

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices