Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN July 24: New Ducati Scrambler General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN July 24: New Ducati Scrambler

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN July 24: New Ducati Scrambler

In this week's MCN: Ducati look set to relaunch the classic Scrambler model with an all-new Scrambler using the air-cooled 796cc engine from the Monster 796.  PLUS:Remembering Steve Hislop 10 years after his tragic deathLimited edition BMW K1300S riddenSuper-scooter showdown FREE THIS WEEK:Motorcycling missions: 30 adventures you must try on your bike All available in print at your local newsagent, or on iPad and Google...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 July 2013 11:48)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Computer generated NO!

Oh great another MCN Computer generated image. So it wont look anything like this will it? Come on MCN stop the lazy stories ang give us spy shots of REAL bikes.

Reply to this Topic
Jconway651

Aug 11

Jconway651 says:

How is this a "scrambler"??. It's a road bike. The slightest hint of gravel or mud and the front cylinders paint would be all but gone. The oil filter hanging out the bottom would be a worry too. As Colin S2R said just bring out the sport classic instead. The "Scrambler" name is totally mis-representing of this bikes abilities/intended use.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Scrambler???

More like Scrambled! I want a gizmo free 800cc Multistrada with a proper screen for £9k Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
morinipete

Nov 05

morinipete says:

Copyright ?

Seems Ducati have trademarked the 'scrambler' name (according to MCN). Odd as Bolognia counterparts Morini have used it for a couple of years on 1200 models and used it on smaller bikes in the 1960s (well before Ducatis 1970s singles).

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Got all excited when I saw the title, then it stopped when I saw the picture.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Triumph already have a Scrambler. Isn't there a legal scrap over who uses the name? At least the Triumph is better equipped to have the name although there are people who will want the Ducati purely on the grounds of it having 20 bhp more!

Reply to this Topic
JerseyBullet

Jul 13

JerseyBullet says:

Fictional scrambler

I have been reading MCN for as long as I can remember but I've joined the forum specifically to complain about your Scrambler story. I bought the "scrambler" issue because the front cover announced new Ducati was about to be revealed. Having paid my money I found out it was no such thing. It was a cartoon of how you imagine a future bike might look. At the very least you have lied to your readers. A more legal view would be that the front cover amounts to fraud. If you at MCN believe that your relationship with your readers is important then please do not insult us again in this way.

Reply to this Topic
dupafa32

Jul 13

dupafa32 says:

Earn Money

my friend's step-mother makes $66 hourly on the internet. She has been fired for 6 months but last month her paycheck was $20051 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this web site ..............................zee44.com

Reply to this Topic
59treviso

Feb 04

59treviso says:

Mock Up

This just looks to be a mocked up photo to illustrate what may be coming, as the bike imaged has the full chassis of a Sport Classic(fork/wheels/fender/Instument cluster/frame/swingarm/R. Wheel) with the handlebars and black-finished horns of the Sport Classic GT. Only things speculative is the tank which looks to be dashed from a Sportster and a trimmed up seat and of course the current motor tucked inside. Good Photoshop job, but I can't imagine Ducati rolling it out like this.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

I'm going to upset everyone now. I like it !

Ok, forget the "Scrambler" name but as a nice old looking bike possibly produced today,  I think it's very nice . A CB400 meets a v twin.

I like Triumphs but I hated the Scrambler when I rode one. It was like sitting on an  ironing board strapped to scaffolding with a fat, unresponsive engine stuck in for good measure balancing on skinny knobblies filled with jelly. Uuugh.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices