Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

Cal Crutchlow has taken a massive career gamble by accepting the tough challenge of transforming Ducati’s flagging fortunes in MotoGP next season. The British rider rejected an improved pay deal to stay with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad and will be reunited with former teammate Andrea Dovizioso on a factory Desmosedici in 2014. The former World Supersport champion had until last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 August 2013 16:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Great move for Crutchlow...

..over the moon for the lad. He get's a juicy paycheck, a nice set of new leathers and the chance to kick Dovi's arse...

Use your loaves you narrow minded bunch of halfwits. This could be the perfect time for Cal to join the Italian marque - there's still a lot of development work going on for the remainder of the season which could potentially bare fruit. He'll have a good half a season getting to grips with things, and then by this time next year, who's to say podium's and wins would be out of the question?

He'll be hungry to prove a point, both to his new employers and the fuckwits who've done nothing but bitch and moan since his arrival in GP's...  

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Word is Ducati will go back to the drawing board for the 2014 Bike. So there is really no telling if this is a good or bad move by Cal. Finnancially it should be great. I for 1 hope it will also be o good move on the result side for Cal, cause lets face it guys. 4 competative Dukes would make the racing better for all us race fans! 

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

Cul de sac.

No No No No No............As Moto GP is being shown on BT Sport in 2014 at least I wont have to watch his talents being wasted and as for "We're going back to the drawing board for next year" ? the cheques in the post, the new one will be a world beater................Oh sure.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

good luck cal

I hope it goes well, you never know, they might produce something half decent for next season, if no just beat dovi!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I don't have much to say on this move I hope it works out for Cal and I wish him all the best in 2014. I am no fan of Ducati but for the sports sake they build a decent bike for next year and beyond. Off topic a bit does this mean Hayden could take Cal's place at Tech 3 ?

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

CHR.. Dovi doesn't seem...

...to think the bike is going to improve much this season http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/193821/1/dovizioso_rest_of_season_likely_to_be_a_struggle.html

If the 2014 machine is a radically changed beast then who knows....unfortunately most seem to suspect it probably will not be.

I'm not a Crutchlow basher BTW, think he's doing a really good job, suspect he is going to deeply regret this decision though.

Reply to this Topic
mezzer

Jul 11

mezzer says:

I cant blame Cal at all. I think his "fans" dont realise it's his day job, its not all easy, and he has a short career time so needs to make his money now.

If I was in Cals position (wish I was) then I would have done exactly the same

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Let's hope Ducati do go back to the drawing board next year, that's the only way they will get a competitive bike, as there is a serious flaw somewhere in there.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Good pay cheque for Cal, who knows, they may get the bike sorted next year.

Reply to this Topic
dozyhonda

Jun 06

dozyhonda says:

Maybe Cal will be a winner

Let's be brutal. Rossi was past his best when he went to Ducati and hasn't exactly set the world alight on his return to Yamaha, unless others are injured or crash! Hayden won the title and then went looking for a good pension plan. Dovi can't ride anything unless it is as smooth as silk. So that brings us to Cal who just might be the person to win another title for Ducati. At least he can make the best of a second rate macjhine as he has proved with the tech3 team. He can win provididng that he passes people quickly  as he still looks like a 'bit of an old woman' on that score in recent races. Best of luck to him.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I know Bradley is still hurt. And he may well improve in the 2nd part of the season. But maybe he won't, and with Pol jus't starting out in Moto Gp? Tech3 could have a poor rider lineup in 2014. If this is the case, and the all new Duke is still shite?  Stefan Bradl will be the only one that can take podiums off factory Yamaha and Repsol Honda. That would be jus't not cool.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices