Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Cal Crutchlow signs for Ducati

Cal Crutchlow has taken a massive career gamble by accepting the tough challenge of transforming Ducati’s flagging fortunes in MotoGP next season. The British rider rejected an improved pay deal to stay with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad and will be reunited with former teammate Andrea Dovizioso on a factory Desmosedici in 2014. The former World Supersport champion had until last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 364 days ago (01 August 2013 16:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

'' Ducati should have backed Iannone instead. ''

Perhaps Iannone didn't want the ride...? After the baptism of fire he has experienced this year I wouldn't be that surprised if he is just looking to get on any bike that ends in an 'a'.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

i was on the internet t'other day

And I read this about the violent reactions of one direction fans to perceived slights on their idols. Reminded me of something or someone, can't quite put my finger on it ... 

Anyway, Wosi you are without doubt the most credulous 46er on the planet. Of all the adoring starry-eyed drivel published about your idol, one of the most ridiculous is the idea that the few hours he blessed the yamaha WSBK effort with completely transformed their fortunes. Did you ever read what Toseland had to say about it? Try not to get violent.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Snare drum roll..

Stirring stuff Jamie..all that flag waving brought a tear to my eye..sniff-sniff.

..and you had me bawling - with laughter - at your girly, just can't help yourself snipe at wosi via Rossi.

Have I put you off being English now..as well? Diddums..

Cancel the party invitations, burn the bunting and take your head from out your arse..Crutchlow will not be winning anything at Ducati, VW, Audi or whatever else you want to call them. I doubt he will beat Dovi.

They're headless and have gotten worse since Gobmeier took over but to be fair, are probably a perfect match for Cal's ambition.

The simple fact that Honda have built a 90 degree V4 and are winning with it straight away, while Ducati struggle blindly on with theirs, tells us all we need to know. The Panigale underlines it.

A must read article for Nostro and other dead-heads who reckon any V4 is a V4..

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/01/technical-analysis-90-degree-v-four-engine-motogp-racing-technology/?src=SOC&dom=tw

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Don't think because Rossi couldn't make it work...

..no-one can.

Ducati are paying Dovi 5 million Euros for his services and there are reports Cal will be on something similar. Any of you deadheads really think the suits that run the show won't expect something substantial in return? - if there was a sense this issue could not be fixed, do you really think they would continue happily running around mid pack?..

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups, they'll try and convince you of anything..

The reason I'm pleased for Crutchlow is because he's continually proving the doubters wrong - he's gone from mid pack obscurity to fully fledged Factory rider when it was said it couldn't be done!

It's a beautiful slice of irony, my only disappointment being, irony is wasted on the stupid...  

Reply to this Topic
yamanx

Aug 02

yamanx says:

Ducati

Cal Cashflow :)

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

$$$$

Well at then end of the day it was a choice between standing on the podium or having 10 mil in the bank.  I dont think anyone can critisise his decision, who has never moved jobs when offered more cash.  However he has kissed good bye to any title challange in the future, he will be at suzuki in 2016 which will again be naff. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hahaha..quality yamanx.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CHR

I'm as pleased as you are about Crutchlow's success in proving the doubters wrong - he has surpassed my and other peoples expectations and being English I will support him through thick and thin.   However my own personal view is that Ducati have about as much chance as producing a 'winner' now as Suzuki and Kawasaki had throughout their time in the 4 stroke era.    It's not about Rossi taking the Duke backwards or not being able to develop it.    It's more about Honda and Yamaha moving the goal-posts too far away.    Back in the day (probably more by luck than judgment) Ducati produced a winner and were lucky enough to sign the only rider who could manage it.    Having had their noses rubbed in the shit  big 'H' and big 'Y' pulled out all the stops and developed their bikes to a far higher level leaving Ducati behind.     Catch up ?   It's a big ask - I don't think it will happen but nothing's impossible.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

on the cards

Can't say I'm particularly chuffed about it but we all knew it was on the cards. At least it ends the speculation. I hope ducati and Crutchlow will be able to turn it around and prove me wrong.  Don't expect to see Cal on the podium next year

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Invisible Moto GP

The series is down the toilet anyway. Why not grab the money before it is flushed? Still a shame though, a British world champion would have been nice.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices