You are in... Forums > General > General > Helmets in Petrol stations

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Bri55hornet

Aug 07

Bri55hornet says:

Helmets in Petrol stations

I am so sick of the post's of the crazy way petrol stations treat non removal of helmets when filling up.

Solution:
Why don't they provide a helmet stubby type of thing with a round smaller than head sized ball on top so that one can safely park a helmet on next to pump when filling up. Brinobike

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 August 2013 12:17)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Bri

Yes, coz that is going to make everything ok ....no-one would mind being told to take their helmets off if there were 'helmetstubbythingswithsmallerthanheadsizeballs' to put their helmets on....... surely?

I think a better idea ..and one that would be more likely to work is if the garages provided MotoGP style 'umbrella girls' to stand at the pump next to your bike and hold your helmet for you...... now, that would work. :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ahhhh

"That old .....chestnut".................:mad:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Stub.

I think it would soon be a filthyhelmetstubbything... Yuk!

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

James

You could always stretch a condom over your stubbyfilthyhelmetthing...... :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
Bri55hornet

Aug 07

Bri55hornet says:

Kamchat

Yes worth remembering that when on a emergency drug pick up pre arranged, I may add, on pick up at Broomfield Hospital to Southend Hospital I had my clip board etc. Also had a contact name. I was needing to be as quick as possible to pick up and deliver Life Saving Drugs  I was asked to remove my helmet at dispensary I protested and lost my Job with Anglia Couriers. I was broke and bike less. But now have job after 3 years unemployed & when I get another bike I will remove it as long as there is somewhere safe to put it!

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

"You could always stretch a condom over your stubbyfilthyhelmetthing......"

Yep, then the brolly girl might be more willing to hold it.

Reply to this Topic
Meatbingo

Jun 12

Meatbingo says:

Helmet

I once had my helmet held by a lovely girl in the local Esso garage..... Ah...those were the days :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Bri

Un-be-lieveable!  - and you had a 'clip-board' you say! :blink:Normally a clip-board will get you into anywhere no questions asked. If only Andrew Mitchell had waved a clip-board the police would have had no option but to have let him through the gates at Downing Street.

A good ploy when going to petrol stations that ask you 'to remove your helmet' is to wear an extra large helmet so you can wear at least 30 balaclavas underneath ..... when you comply by removing the helmet they shit themselves when they see you are wearing a black balaclava underneath....... and ask you to remove that ..... and so it goes ... when they have shat themselves for the 14th time they tend to give up and serve you - result! :winkie:  

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

14th

..time Kam?????

So you've tried this new method?

I would have thought that after all that fucking about nonsense you'd have been quicker to walk into the shop and lay your helmet on the counter and ask him to 'look after this while I fill up please'

:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I'm trying........

to imagine how big one's helmet would be if you had 30 balaclava's under it......:shock:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices