Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014

Ben Spies fully intends to be back racing a factory-backed Ducati Desmosedici in 2014 after laughing off rumours that he will retire or quit and return to World Superbikes. The Texan will end 10 months of injury hell in Indianapolis next week when he makes his latest attempt to return from a severe right shoulder injury he first suffered last October...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 August 2013 10:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

is Ben a fan of Freddie Spencer by any chance?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - Spies is riding the remainder of 2013 to save his GP career - thoughts about a factory ride at the moment are fanciful and highly speculative.  i reckon he's on his way out of the MotoGP paddock for good ....

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

He made the right choice in my opinion

It seems 95% of people on forum underestimate shoulder injuries. I assume the criticism is based on how quick Lorenzo and Pedrosa have recovered while Spies is at home in the States recovering from an obviously much worse injury to the whole shoulder rather than just the collarbone. Does anyone actually realise how bad his injury is, and how hard it would be for him to ride a Ducati MotoGP bike week in, week out? He made the right decision because he had nothing to lose, he has a two-year contract with Ducati, and he didn't want to risk having to end his career if he had one more crash. 

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

Rev 62 is right . Ben needs to recover. There is no point in him riding around injured doing fuck all. He might as well recover and come back 100% fit and do FUCK ALL. What a total waist of a good ride. Chocolate tea pot springs to mind 

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Shoulder injuries and callar bones ain't the same. 10 quid of my meager wage says that the shoulder still troubles at Indianapolis.

So far, Spies at Ducati is a big waste of Ducatis of time.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

not the shoulder its his head

shoulder injuries are bad and do take a long time to recover from, they can even be career ending. Though with the level of medical treatment and physio support that someone like Spies has access to I doubt if his problem has been purely physical.  lets hope he's been to see his sports psychologist he hasn't had his head on straight since his last year at Yamaha.  Yes he was plagued by terrible luck and malfunctions but his results were dire outside of that.  Tbh it seems like Spies hasn't turned up to race in over 18 months.  Maybe if he comes back he can do something but I doubt it.  His results in Motogp have never lived up to his hype and it seems his commitment is severely lacking.  I'd like to see him come back and prove his doubters wrong but at the moment he's a waste of a ride

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

firebird

the reason he's not been getting slated more is most people have stopped caring. 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

CosherB you could be right about Spies being on his way out of MotoGP he had market value but not no more its just quite clear he has lost interest in GP racing. 

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

WSBK

Back to Supers for Spies I reckon would be his best choice , give him new impetus on a Factory R1 , still thats not going to happen . I think he'll wobble round in 13th position for a season then not have his contract renewed , great shame he was a good prospect , all those moto2 riders chomping at the bit for a MotoGP shot is even more pressure for Ben .

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The only twat is you Benny on this site how many times have you being ko from this site.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices