Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014

Ben Spies fully intends to be back racing a factory-backed Ducati Desmosedici in 2014 after laughing off rumours that he will retire or quit and return to World Superbikes. The Texan will end 10 months of injury hell in Indianapolis next week when he makes his latest attempt to return from a severe right shoulder injury he first suffered last October...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 357 days ago (09 August 2013 10:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

I tell you Fog, I have a lot of time for Spies, when he is on it he is mighty fast and he certainly did have some serious speed at times on that M1, but for whatever reason it went pear shaped and I hope that he does come good after such a shitty time of late, it's all just dependant in Ducati really pulling something out of the bag though, lets just hope they really have something up their sleeves and shock us all next season because how cool would it be to have Cal, Spies and Dovi all battling away at the sharp end with the usual suspects . I'm certainly living in hope anyway. 

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Ducati issues

Cal wont sort them alone,dovi and spies and innone all will need cal and vice versa,but spies and cal I'm sure will come thru,dovi won't want to get injured,cal and spies both have proved they are tough nuts in comparison.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Troll

Oh dear.

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Yeh, I think Dovi is fast on his day but he is kind if Pedrosa lite... Ok if he gets away on his own and is a demon on the anchors but not overly keen on a scrap, I do seem to remember Toseland putting the wind up him at their first race in Qatar. That said, it's going to be close between him and Cal next season, regardless of machinery improvements, I do think Crutchlow is just faster now though and has that extra years racecraft that should see him come out on top but Spies is kind of the mystery .... Could be amazingly rapid or just bomb completely. 

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Paddy

Well said he is pedro like,close but no cigar,cal

is hungry and factory bike maybe the key,or not.time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

It's certainly going to be avid viewing next season fella that's for sure. Have you been out on the Mille lately chap? I've got a Tuono myself, got a day at Donington on Monday weather permitting, can't wait, it's been a long time since my last trackday. 

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

If he signed a letter of intent a year ago, why not just sign the contract a year ago? That doesn't make much sense to me... But regardless, we are talking about the here and now chap. For the next two seasons Cal is a factory Ducati rider(unless either party has a get out clause?), so lets just talk about that rather than what did,or didn't, happen in the various contract talks. The truth is that the only people that really know what went on are the parties involved, certainly not any of us on this forum, us I don't really care. I love motorcycle racing, not contract talks. I just want to see what happens on the track, I couldn't care less how each rider ends up on whichever machine, I just want good, close, competitive racing. 

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

I'm no lawyer but I wouldn't think that's right is it? Surely you could sign up to a contract that starts after your existing contract period ends? But regardless, my other point stands... Who cares in reality, we are all on this forum and watching motorcycle racing because we love what happens on the track, what goes on in contract negotiations interests me not one iota other than who ends up riding for what team. 

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

With all due respect chap, you have had a downer on Cal since way before any of this. Even going so far as to describe him as a "failed motorcycle racer" after a handful of races last season. I think Cal most certainly wants to be well paid, who doesn't? But to say he is only motivated by zeros on the bank account is just ridiculous in my opinion. You cannot ride with the tenacity and conviction he has been if all you are after is the cash. I think all through his career he has shown that he is about doing the very best that he can and wanting to win even if people have doubted his ability to do so. But regardless, you are entitled to your opinion and if you hate him then so be it, I'm just glad to have an English Brit' back at the forefront of top class bike racing, it's been a long time coming and I'm hoping its going to continue under Bradders and Redding. 

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Paddy

Yer did spain on her and 2 days at cadwell this year so not bad considering I work on them all day,cal ain't done nothing any other rider hasn't before,it's the fact he is a Brit and challenges big names now he is where he is,dovi wwill be hoping cal can get results and share data,yer right!!!,did someone count sheep?,waste of pasting,oh dear.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices