Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 boss: No doubt Espargaro will be strong in MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 boss: No doubt Espargaro will be strong in MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 boss: No doubt Espargaro will be strong in MotoGP

Pol Espargaro has the talent and potential to be consistently battling for the top six in his rookie MotoGP world championship campaign in 2014. That’s the view of Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal, who is preparing to work with the Spanish Moto2 world title contender next season, with Cal Crutchlow on his way to Ducati’s factory squad. Espargaro was signed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 346 days ago (12 August 2013 15:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

And

his daddy's wallet will be a massive boost for Tech Trois as well.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

spanish rules

not taking anything away from pol,but time will tell if he deserves the contract been given. 

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Oh yes

Pol will be fast but he will be where Cal is now and I think Bradley will be going quicker as its his second year so they might be on the same level. I think the plan for Yamaha is for old money bags to replace dornas money maker in 2015. Who knows but I bet a few will on here in an hour or so.

Reply to this Topic
Anton62

Aug 13

Anton62 says:

Tech 3

Am I being cynical or realistic, the japs have never had any moral integrity hence the underhanded way they signed Pol putting either Cal or Brads seat at risk. I am convinced that in an attempt to justify their decision they will now shaft Bradders by giving him inferior equipment to Pol next season.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Anton62...

'the japs have never had any moral integrity'

That seems more than a little harsh...!!! but I suspect you will be right about the bike disparity... Pol has a factory contract etc

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Smith

I have no doubt there will be a disparity between Pol and Smiths level of support next year. However Tech3 like Smith and seem to want to look after him. He did well for them in Moto2 on a dog of a chassis, which is why he was offered the contract hes has now, he plays the media game well and has a proper legendary Crew Cheif.  Along with the fact that Pol seems to have been forced on tech3 by Yamaha these small details may be enough to act as a mitigating factor. At the end of the day it should be about who's fastest

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

'Alex' nailed it in his first post imo.

This is not to say that Pol doesn't warrant the seat and I wish him all the best, but they'll soon need a replacement for Vales income. Cal couldn't provide that.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

future champ?

In my opinion Espagaro will eclipse anything Crutchlow or Smith manage on the tech 3 bike as long as the bike is as good a spec as it is this year.
He has more talent and is just the right age.He will probably take Vales ride when he buggers off to WSB in 2015....

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

In my opinion Espagaro will eclipse anything Crutchlow or Smith manage on the tech 3 bike as long as the bike is as good a spec as it is this year.

Espargagro has a Yamaha contract with a (supposed) factory bike. So it's reasonable to assume that Yamaha are looking to place him in the factory team at some point.

Smith, as said before, will be hampered by the spec of bike he gets which is very unlikely to be anything near Espargaro's.

Espargaro is going to have to turn some pretty impressive results to get close to those Cal has achieved so far, never mind eclipse them. And it's safe to assume he will have a better spec bike than Cal, irrespective of how good Cal's currently is. But what's the betting it doesn't get any better this season, or maybe worse, now he's leaving.

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

I am pretty certain he'll do well

He's always been fast whether it be 125's or Moto2 so I can't see any reason why he won't be able to perform well in MotoGP. He'll have a very good bike, he's in a great team and now he can focus on winning the Moto2 world championship. But will he get more support from Yamaha than Smith, I don't think so. If having a factory contract with Yamaha rather than with the team (Tech 3) automatically means he will get better equipment, then okay... but if it doesn't, and people are assuming he will get better support from Yamaha than Smith because he's Spanish, then I disagree, because they are both in the satellite team.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices