Skip to content

Discuss This Horex unveils new VR6 Classic model New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Horex unveils new VR6 Classic model

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Horex unveils new VR6 Classic model

German firm Horex has shown a new Classic model based on the VR6 roadster with the same 1218cc six-cylinder motor but a host of cosmetic changes that have come about as a result of customer feedback. Horex has responded to calls from owners for a more old school look with wire spoked wheels, a new red paintjob and an engine that...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 343 days ago (14 August 2013 14:24)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Lovely. I'd sure like to test ride one of those!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

126bhp & 89ft/lb!!!

What's impressive about that? There's quite a few bikes around that can beat that, and how much is this bike again? And to top it all, it looks crap!

Reply to this Topic
pearsonsnose

Apr 09

pearsonsnose says:

satnavsteve

Just wondering, have you ever said anything positive?

About anything?

Ever?

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Do you have anything nice to say about this Frankenstein bike?

Then feel free to share it, a forum is defined by those who contribute.

Personally I think it serves its purpose admirably, which is to advertise that its German, Austrian or Swiss owner has inherited lots of gold and artworks that were "found in einer attic in 1941"

Reply to this Topic
pearsonsnose

Apr 09

pearsonsnose says:

Rogerborg

I don't particuarly have a strong opinion either way. It certainly appears to be nicely built and something different to the norm. I also don't feel the need to share my opinion on the vast array of subject matter presented to me in life on a daily basis. I am happy just to think to myself and know what I think. If someone asks me what I think I am happy to share but don't go out of my way to be overly opinionated...why are others so arrogant to assume anyone gives a shit what they think?

The whole internet thing has given rise to a strange rise in people assuming what they have to say about anything if of any interest to anyone or everyone. Most of the time what some man or woman has to say about anything is of precisely no interest to me whatsoever. Many of these people had no voice for their opinions before the internet; in some cases that was for a reason. No one cares.

I'd like think this wesbite isn't a reflection of those who contribute because I feel very strongly the nasty words of a few bellends which can spoil it for so many, is in no way a reflection of the vast majority of people on here who say very little about anything for fear of being attacked by those with keyboard Tourettes syndrome.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

pearsonsnose!

You obviously haven't been watching this site for very long because I am always ready to give praise where its due. This bike, in my opinion is ugly and all about the engine configuration. It has chain drive when most manufacturers are changing to shaft, and a 17 litre tank which is pathetic for this size of bike. I would imagine the price will be in the 15-20 grand range, that is if there is ever an English importer and if you think that is value for money for this bike, go ahead and buy one. You go on to say you have no strong opinions but then go on for 3 paragraphs venting your wrath at people who come on here to give an opinion whilst doing exactly that yourself!! Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Please feel free to tell us why you think this bike is fantastic

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Nice, but...

Like any other bike out there, there is much I like and some, not so much.  On the whole, it looks great.  Only changes I would prefer is to ditch the brown saddle which really looks like it doesn't belong and the front fender which is too old looking even for a classic.  A sportier front fender that protects the tubes would actually look pretty good on this and brown should be reserved for sadles that go on a horse.  Good choice of wheels.   Looked into those for my Guzzi 'cuz i wanted tubeless.  Unfortunately, when I saw the price, I closed out my browser.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Horex are to be commended for thinking outside the box.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

The torque figures are verry impressive at jus't 7000 rpm's. Still it's an ugly bike imo. This engine in the new Norton(is that thing ever really going on sale) frame would be sweet. Maybe they should work together. 

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Horex

While the torque figures aren't any better than my 1200GS, I would still LOVE a Horex. It's something DIFFERENT.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices