Skip to content

YAMAHA Staff Blog: What are your Wiinter Riding Hints and Tips? FAZER 8

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > FAZER 8 > Staff Blog: What are your Wiinter Riding Hints and Tips?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Alison Silcox  says:

Staff Blog: What are your Wiinter Riding Hints and Tips?

I’m just about to head off for my summer holiday and already I’m thinking of the weather turning and the nights drawing in. I’m needing your help, tips and advice for prepping the Yamaha Fazer8 for winter riding. I usually resort to driving the car as soon as the weather changes but this year I’m planning to continue my daily commute...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 August 2013 07:37)

Post a message in FAZER 8

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

use the car from December to beginning of march.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyscore1

May 10

jonnyscore1 says:

keep warm

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

So Funny....

...some of the comments here. Although "use the car" should be considered. If you don't have that option then the answer should be in two parts.

Firstly is rider preparation and warm waterproof clothing is the obvious thing. I found that a thin waterproof suit over my leathers worked quite well, a bit like multi-layering does for outward bound types.

Secondly bike preparation: decent tyres for wet and cold weather and a properly serviced motorcycle on which lights and brakes etc all perform as they should is a no-brainer. Also important is keeping the ravages of winter from eating the bike alive by cleaning and lubing it after riding and maybe even using anti-rust agents, good old WD40 does the job quite well. Just as a horse rider looks after his steed first and then himself, a bike rider should never just leave the bike mucky or salty after a winter ride.

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Winter Riding

Read the MCN adverts and the MCN reporters reviews on clothing etc.

Jackets  £800,  Trousers £400,  Gloves £159,  Boots £245,  Helmet £525.  Tool Kit  £95 all available through the MCN pages and reviews.  Backpack/tank bag or similar  £75.

Around £2229.00 should do it.

Should last the winter or buy about 325 gallon of fuel for a cheap car,

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Winter fog.

Hold your breath to prevent visor misting...

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Winter fog

Sorry that was mean and uncalled for. Neck tube and pinlock are both very useful but keeping  hands and feet warm is essential for maintaining control on longer winter rides..  Fogging of visor is a real problem especially when commuting in traffic.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

I've always thought a pair of motocross endure hand guards (without holes in them) would reduce the wind chill ( especially on the thumb ) and also keep your hands dry, matched with heated grips your hands should dry and warm.  

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices