Skip to content

Discuss This Road closed to bikes only near Ace Café General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Road closed to bikes only near Ace Café

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Road closed to bikes only near Ace Café

A local council has banned just motorcycles using a road near the famous Ace Café in North London as part of a six-week trial following months of complaints about anti-social riding and racing on the road. Brent council has now banned motorcycles from Rainsford Road after a number of complaints about dangerous riding and large groups of bystanders. The ban has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 August 2013 11:43)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Leonard1

Aug 13

Leonard1 says:

It this the map from the order? If it is then Andy is right as going down a one way road is an offence too. Unless you can only turn right on Whitby Avenue.  

It would all have to be clearly sign posted anyway for it to be enforceable but I have never been there so does anyone local know?

Reply to this Topic
AndyPagin

Aug 13

AndyPagin says:

So IF I am correct, then Brent have effectively closed Whitby Ave to motorcycles WITHOUT a valid traffic order.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Adding to Rogerborg's comment

From the Highways Act 1980 Sched 4 Cars and Motorcycles are a single vehicle class, Class 1. So as theer is no separate definition any ban on Bikes would unenforceable as Motorcycles are not recognised separately within the act.

I also believe that the powers the council were given we're explicitly for easing congestion and improving traffic flow, so they are not appropriate in this case.

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

Banning all motorcycles is ridiculous and overkill.  A couple of plain police cars/vans with video cameras and radar guns and an officer either end of the road handing out the tickets should sort it.

People with loud exhausts please take note, the majority of the population are not into bikes, they equate loud noise and high revs with speed, whether or not you're breaking the speed limit.

I have no sympathy for people that ride like tw*ts, especially in residential areas.  Have no consideration for others and they will have no consideration for you.  There are far more non-bikers than bikers so you're on a loser, just don't f**k it up for the rest of us.

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

Banning all motorcycles is ridiculous and overkill.  A couple of plain police cars/vans with video cameras and radar guns and an officer either end of the road handing out the tickets should sort it.

People with loud exhausts please take note, the majority of the population are not into bikes, they equate loud noise and high revs with speed, whether or not you're breaking the speed limit.

I have no sympathy for people that ride like tw*ts, especially in residential areas.  Have no consideration for others and they will have no consideration for you.  There are far more non-bikers than bikers so you're on a loser, just don't f**k it up for the rest of us.

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

How did I end up with 3 entries?

Sounds illegal, but so does a lot of the behaviour that instigated it.

Reply to this Topic
Leonard1

Aug 13

Leonard1 says:

I called Brent Highways and after a while on hold they told me they do not have the order on their website.

They did tell me, very bloody helpfully, that you can turn right on Whitby Avenue towards Twyford Abbey Road as the prohbition is not effective on that part of the road.  So if you do go down Whitby Avenue (a one way street) go right as left is the prohibition and a ***£130**** fine.   On the other end of the prohibition they also told me that you have to travel down Coronation Road instead. They also said that it's gonna be enforced by cameras and / or police so be careful.  I have never been to the Ace so may take a ride down to see what the fuss is all about!

Reply to this Topic
AndyPagin

Aug 13

AndyPagin says:

Found the traffic order...

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/60585/notices/1874741

Reply to this Topic
Duchex

Aug 13

Duchex says:

I believe that it is this part of the road: maps.google.co.uk/maps 

Reply to this Topic