Skip to content

Discuss This Road closed to bikes only near Ace Café General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Road closed to bikes only near Ace Café

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Road closed to bikes only near Ace Café

A local council has banned just motorcycles using a road near the famous Ace Café in North London as part of a six-week trial following months of complaints about anti-social riding and racing on the road. Brent council has now banned motorcycles from Rainsford Road after a number of complaints about dangerous riding and large groups of bystanders. The ban has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 345 days ago (20 August 2013 11:43)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
phantombiker

Jul 13

phantombiker says:

Worryingly, this is

the thin end of a very long wedge.

Can I respectfully suggest that if anybody here objects to this creeping infringement on our liberties that they stop voting for their local Lib/Lab/Con traitor every five years. 

Reply to this Topic
AFKAN

Apr 07

AFKAN says:

Eek!

This sets a rather dangerous precident if Brent are allowed to enforce this.  Next step would be for councils to just ban bikes on any roads they deem "dangerous".  It's a scary thought.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

TSRGD 2002 Schedule 17 says

"where [sign 619.2] is erected on a road within 50 metres of any lamp lit by electricity which forms part of a system of street-lighting for that road furnished by means of at least three such lamps placed not more than 183 metres (in Scotland 185 metres) apart, it shall be illuminated by a means of internal or external lighting either for so long as that system is illuminated, or throughout the hours of darkness"

If it's in a lit area, the sign itself must be lit.  I'm sure the council / CPS would / will argue that the nearby street lights are sufficient, but that appear (to me) to be the opposite of the intent of the legislation. 

Sorry, I don't know the case law on it, and you'd have to be lucky to find Magistrates who would buy it, especially if you ride past in daylight.

Reply to this Topic
grahamtpage

Aug 05

grahamtpage says:

Pure discrimination !

I'm utterly disgusted that Brent council have chosen to discriminate against motorcyclists in this way and take away our civil liberty to ride on a road that is open to other types of vehicles.  I'm sure the councils behaviour would fall foul of the law on this matter.  They should be policing the hooligans that are causing a danger, not discriminating all motorbike users !  As usual, the bloody councils have no common sense whatsoever.

Reply to this Topic
Leonard1

Aug 13

Leonard1 says:

I think the external lighting part in Roger' s excerpt includes Street Lights as it would not make sense otherwise or all signs would need their own illumination. I have searched the web and it appears all linked to the Ace Cafe and the fact the behaviour occurs due to it being nearby. Me feels that the next step, if this does not work, is the Council closing that place down. The idiots have filming themselves as well and putting it on YouTube. Look up Ace Cafe Roundabouts and I am starting to think we don't help ourselves.

Reply to this Topic
Leonard1

Aug 13

Leonard1 says:

I think the external lighting part in Roger' s excerpt includes Street Lights as it would not make sense otherwise or all signs would need their own illumination. I have searched the web and it appears all linked to the Ace Cafe and the fact the behaviour occurs due to it being nearby. Me feels that the next step, if this does not work, is the Council closing that place down. The idiots have filming themselves as well and putting it on YouTube. Look up Ace Cafe Roundabouts and I am starting to think we don't help ourselves.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Watched the Videos

Based on the videos on Youtube the worst offenders are cars not bikes.

The Bike videos are during the day the cars are at night, and the cars appears noisier and create more of an obstruction.

Dare In suggest the bikers are white and the car drivers aren't?

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

Just people on bikes and in cars having some fun. I used to go to a lot of this stuff when I was younger, no big deal.

Close this road fine, you can’t close all the roads.

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

So What ?

Let the authorities have their day by looking busy - it's what the voters like.

Then just find another place for kicks - industrial estates are a good choice as long as they don't have a crime problem - no Police patrols - easy.

Reply to this Topic
landykandy32

Aug 13

landykandy32 says:

as Daniel explained I am amazed that any one able to profit $9345 in four weeks on the computer. have you seen this web page.....WWW.ℛush64.COℳ

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices