Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding vs Pol Espargaro in MotoGP next year: who stands the better chance of winning? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Scott Redding vs Pol Espargaro in MotoGP next year: who stands the better chance of winning?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Scott Redding vs Pol Espargaro in MotoGP next year: who stands the better chance of winning?

With a Yamaha deal signed and delivered for Pol Espargaro, and a MotoGP deal almost certain for Scott Redding, the two front runners in Moto2 are lined up to continue their battle next year on the big bikes. But who's going to come out on top?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 343 days ago (22 August 2013 13:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stidds

Nov 02

stidds says:

Not really a fair comparison to make, simply because of the bikes they will be riding.  Escargot is getting a factory Yamaha, whereas it remains to be seen what bike Scott will be riding (lets face it, it will not be that competitive).  Remember if you come from Spain then you will always get the best bike.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

as stidds says

which is why I voted Pol, but want Scott to win 

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Escargot will get

the results because of the bike and team, but Scott is clearly the better rider.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

On equal bikes...

On equal bikes, Redding would come out on top.  Unfortunately we don't know what Redding will be on and if it's worth a flip.

Reply to this Topic
DJSP2ROCKS

Feb 09

DJSP2ROCKS says:

This as others have suggested is a pretty stupid question, Redding is clearly the better rider however Pol is going to be on a bike that Yamaha should've offered if not as a factory bike to Cal but to Redding as a satellite bike.

Redding has consistantly improved and on a decent bike in Motogp could be a hell of a rider to watch! It's not the best bike but how about ditching Calamity Spies and putting Scott on that bike? 

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Not a level playing field

Yup, add my voice to those below that voted for Pol simply because he's getting full factory kit. Scott is the better rider, as far as I can tell.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Espargaro got the Tech3 seat which is the best non-factory ride going, so on that basis he will be finishing ahead of Scott.

Reply to this Topic
djjonnibgood

Sep 07

djjonnibgood says:

Maybe Scott should stay put in Moto2 next season and wait for 2015 to make the move when there will be a few riders out of contract and hopefully a factory Suzuki or 2...

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

TBH

I dont care.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Nice one MCN. Are we allowed to talk Sports again. On topic, i would have to say Pol. Because a Tech 3 Yamaha is a decent ride for a rookie at least. Both of them are great riders, but untill Scott gets a MotoGp deal confirmed? It's hard to say, i reckon Scott will suit a MotoGp bike better than Pol. But wherever Scott will end up, the Tech3 ride will be better. Word is 1 production Honda is geven away to Nakagami, wich is understandable. He is a decent rider. And HRC would want a Japanese rider on 1 of those production RCV's. IMO Dajiro Kato was the last Japanese rider that could be an Allien. Keep it friendly race fans, and a good race weekend for all:-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices