Skip to content

YAMAHA Yamaha MT-09 first ride! MT-09

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > MT-09 > Yamaha MT-09 first ride!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Yamaha MT-09 first ride!

Yamaha's eagerly awaited new three-cylinder roadster is currently being put through its paces by MCN Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves. Here are his first impressions: "We're here at the world launch of the new £6799, three-cylinder, 847cc Yamaha MT-09 in Croatia. "On paper the new Yamaha is an exciting prospect. Weighing just 188kg (171kg dry), it's light and that brand new engine...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 August 2013 11:33)

Post a message in MT-09

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

you guys are missing the point

please stop comparing it to the triumph st, yes its a 3 cylinder bike but really that's about it , this bike looks and obviously feels a lot different, for a start there is a more motard look to the mt even the seating position is more upright, which could explain the "vagueness" if your used to sports bikes, for me I bet I would find this planted as I come from a dirt bike off road back ground . I like the high looking front and I bet its great for wheelies which is important for me, when I look at a bike the first thing I think is will it be nice to wheelie and flick about, I really like the styling I think it looks a comfortable  position.

Reply to this Topic
Aki800

Aug 13

Aki800 says:

Stop kidding yourselves

Just bite the bullet, stump up the extra cash and buy a Brutale 800, you know it makes sense :-D

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

If

you're going to bullshit at least pick a number that divides into the hourly rate in a slightly believable way.

Reply to this Topic
beetly

Sep 13

beetly says:

Try it-it`s great fun!

i have been riding this bike also in split and for my opinion it is really a stunning bike,very close to the streety.it`s true,the riding position is closer to a supermoto,but this position is very comfortable and gives you a very god controll.i was riding in the a-mod and for me it was perfect,even in 4te gear you can wheelie it easy.the engine is great fun,smooth and more torque then a streety.go and try it and you will leave the place with a big smile!

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

beetly

yeah I cant wait to get my test ride, did you win the comp by the way ?, also I come from a dirt bike back ground so this will suit my riding, did you try it on the motor way at all ?

Reply to this Topic
onearmedbandit

Aug 07

Where's Rose?

Why are you messing around with a rank amateur like Neevsy, when the greatest rider the world has ever known,(well, in his head anyway) Steve Rose, is available...

Reply to this Topic
wolfrider

Sep 11

wolfrider says:

Copying ?

Yamaha allready made three-cylinders in the 70' s ( remember xs750, xs850..).

Reply to this Topic
mobit

Jun 07

mobit says:

Why the MT moniker ?

Looks more like an FZ than an MT

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN