Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN September 4: Yamaha strikes back! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN September 4: Yamaha strikes back!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN September 4: Yamaha strikes back!

In this week's MCN paper, available in newsagents, on iPad and Android from September 4: - Yamaha strikes back with the launch of the new three-cylinder MT-09- Around the world on a 125!- All-rounder showdown- All the news and gossip from a thrilling MotoGP weekend at Silverstone All available in print at your local newsagent, or on iPad and Google editions from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 September 2013 11:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

Oh great, another picture of a bike on it's back wheel!  Why do magazines insist on doing this?? It's illegal on the road and just gets bikers a bad name, people think we all do it. (we all can by the way, it's not big or clever)

Any bike can wheelie, even a push bike, so what it is demonstrating, apart from breaking the law?

My other gripe with magazine photos?  Journos with their knee out at about 10 degrees lean trying to make biking look exiting.  The whole shifting your body half off the seat and sticking your knee out is a total waste of time on the road.  Yes you might think you look like Marquez, but actually to other riders you look  like a kn*b as you'll be going less than half as fast, to the public you might look like a racer, and therefore a dangerous kn*b.  That, together with your illegally loud exhaust, should be just about enough to p*ss off everyone around.  

Grow up, and tell us what bikes are like in the real world on real roads. 

Reply to this Topic
feeb

Aug 02

feeb says:

MT09

Yamaha MT09....................................I'm sure Triumph are shaking in their boots............not!

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

nice wheelie

buster doing a wheelie is fine and shows great bike skills especially when done slowly and not just using the power, as far as putting it on the front cover of the mag I think its great, we need more of this to show biking is actually fun, yes fun , when I was a kid the first thing that got me into biking was the fact it was fun and exciting, we don't buy bikes because they are just transport we buy them because they make us smile, I tend to find that bikers that moan about wheelies are the ones that cant do them and you would be surprised the amount that cant and I guess you fall into that group.

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

triumph

I think all this triumph should be worried etc a bit ott as well , its actually not a direct comparison when you look closely the yammy is definitely more a motard style than the triumph with the more upright position and lower pegs.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Nice rant, busterrabbit, 7/10

You did forget the bit about tilting the camera over at about 30 degrees to fake a bigger lean angle though, so a slight ding for that.

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Tilt the camera?

My secret's out...Neevesy MCN

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

@neevsey

And there was me thinking you were just showing us all how easy it was to get at the oil filter!"!!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Boring

Sounds like buster rides a ped,my rsv loves wheelies and being pushed into corners,wish I was faster mind,ur only as dangerous as you look if your slow yourself,if was crashing week in week out I wouldn't ride fast or pop a wheelie every now and then,bikes are fun but only when your having fun on them,no fun sat not getting ridden.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Sod off spammers.

If you could make decent money doing whatever scheme you're trying to flog, you wouldn't need to keep trying to scam the rest of us. **** off !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices