Skip to content

Discuss This John Hopkins plotting racing return in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > John Hopkins plotting racing return in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

John Hopkins plotting racing return in 2014

John Hopkins is plotting a return to racing in 2014 in a bid to end an injury-ravaged spell that threatened to end his career. The American is currently taking a year out of racing after undergoing major left hip surgery earlier this year and was undecided on whether he still had the appetite to race. But the 30-year-old, who was recently linked...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 September 2013 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Mr. Wheelbreaker

I have to take you to task on your Hopper post.  As far as my research goes John 'Hopper' Hopkins spent 3 years in the AMA series - he joined the elite racers of the world after cutting his teeth for three seasons in the AMA. In those three seasons he managed to earn two championships, the 750 Super Sport Title in 2000 and the Formula Xtreme Title in 2001. In 2002 he joined Gary McCoy in the Red Bull WCM team.

Re: MCN - They replied to my email saying they do not have an effective way of controlling 'foul' and 'abusive' posts at present and were suspending the Sports threads until they find a better way of moderating it.  Don't hold you breath though because people with 'dynamic' IP addresses probably can't be stopped as the IP address is renewed at each login.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

BSB

In 2011 when the Hopper came to BSB, many said he would not make much of an impact at Cadwell, Oulton etc. I was not one of them and knew he would challenge and sure he did. BSB has not been the same without the Hopper and Hill. I would love to see them both back in BSB together with Haslam. The Three 'H's'. Now that would be a championship because this year IMO, BSB has failed to excite.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Sticks and stones and thin skins

I'm sadly surprised at some of the comments here about the forum. I think its also leading to a very sad end. You can't sterilise the world guys. People have different opinions, some express/defend their opinions more passionately than others. Some have better senses of humour than others. Some of you here seem to be billing yourselves as saints, but who here dosen't swear on a daily basis? Or get angry at stuff? Sure, we can come here and act in a civilised way, but from what I see the world isn't actually a very civilised place, despite its pretentions. Chemical attacks on women and children in Syria anybody? Which kinda puts a bit of swearing and banter into perspective when you think about it. Hardly the end of the world, is it?

My advice, for what its worth. If you don't like what you're reading, exercise your right to freedom of choice and don't read it, allowing others to exercise their freedom of expression. Also, lighten the fk up. They're just words!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Oh yeah

Hoppers past it at world level. Be good to see him in BSB again tho'

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Suzuki

Will have plenty of option,but given the choice of hopper and crash happy rdp(I'm sure he doesn't like falling off)I'd give hopper the development due to experience and cost cutting,test riders aren't meant to be breaking lap records but they do however need to be up I race pace at least,if he is training hard which I'm sure he is,no reason with time on the new tyres he can't be up to speed,look at pirro for Ducati pacing round,hope we ccould manage that I'm sure, Suzuki dream team,Rossi and Brooke's,2015.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Surprise !

We're still here !    Looks like the reverse psychology worked.

Can't see Rossi going to Suzuki after the Ducati debacle and Brookes ? unlikely with all the Moto2 young guns munching at the bit.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Sadly

I also feel that Hopper is past his realistic sell by date. Its a shame he was unlucky, but there`s too many young guys coming through now and its hard to see a top team wanting him. Really nice fella though.

As for free speach, Super Mario and others, yes you have it right.....in principle!! Yes have the right to come on here and say whatever you like.........but. BUT....what happens then when you get, say, a guy...who lets call Benny for instance comes on with HUNDREDS of posts, most very nasty if not "illegal"...day in, day out, stinks the whole forum up, and normal racing fans like me and plenty others just don`t bother coming back???? 
Yes, in this case we have exercised our right to ignore him by just not logging into MCN. Where does this leave the forum and MCN, who I presume would actually welcome people onto their site for commercial reasons if nothing else.
Free speach be buggered, if it was MY site I`d ban racism, homophobia and sad/lonely/mischievious twatishness.
There`s others as well as Benny, its just that he seemed to be the one with most time on his hands, posting every 10 minutes all day long. WTF???
An odd stupid ignorant post is easy to ignore, say for instance Milky Bars. Totally offensive, but he only came on here occasionally to be offensive to english people. Easy to ignore.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I have a dream..

I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up, live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all bikers are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Box Hill sons of pizza delivery men and the sons of pizza shop owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brother- hood. 

I have a dream that one day in Swansea, with it's vicious racists, with it's Reverend having lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, one day right there in Swansea little black chavs will be able to rub helmets with little white chavs as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today...

With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of this forum into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood ( or more, if anyone's interested? )

When we allow freedom to ring - when we let it ring from every bike dealership and every helmet, from every county and every city, we will be able to speed up that day, when most of God's children ( with the possible exception of Aberystwyth ) black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics and even 46ers, will be able to join hands ( don't get any funny ideas Wosi ) and sing in the words of Nick Sanders wedding tackle after his last arduous journey " Free at Last, Free at last, Great God a-mighty, we are Free at last"

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

CHR....

....all well and good, but I'm not rubbing my helmet with any other brothers...sisters though, maybe twins.   Hmmmmmm twins!

Ace post though, LMFAO at that....

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CheekyMonkey

Ive always considered you one of the more 'stable' members of the forum but I would like to comment on one thing you said - ''Free speach be buggered, if it was MY site I`d ban racism, homophobia and sad/lonely/mischievious twatishness.''  I'm quite sure that is what MCN is trying to do but it's not that easy. In an ideal world you could just 'turn off' the nastiness however in this fragile social climate the above prejudices exist in shed-loads and there is a very fine line between moderation and censorship.

AdieMonk  you beat me to it - I'm not rubbing helmets with anyone !!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices