Skip to content

Discuss This Which electronic rider aid would you most like on your bike? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Which electronic rider aid would you most like on your bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Which electronic rider aid would you most like on your bike?

It's hard to find a top-of-the-range bike these days without multiple electronic aids, from variable mapping to traction control. But which ones of these do you most want to see on your bike? Maybe you're on a sports bike a few years old, or a 125 commuter; what would be most useful to you every day?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 326 days ago (04 September 2013 11:53)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
edmundolf

Jul 06

edmundolf says:

Dnick

NONE ive done without them all these years so why would i want them now..

I agree with you mate.  ABS might be ok but i just got new van this year an hate the way it kicks in so early. Direct replacement for old non abs van and can break much harder in that wet or dry.

Thats the problem with tech. Its always sold as a step forward even when its not for the vast majority but still peeps fall for it. I still want it to be me in charge of the machine. Any get offs ive had would not have been saved by any of this new age stuff, even abs.

Had scary moments but always been ok. Makes for good stories down the pub. If it all gets to sane it gets a bit safe and boring. I like the percieved risk element. Keeps me sharp and keeps it exciting.

Most important is ride to your ability and to the conditions and then you really dont need this stuff. IMHO

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

tazer

A tazer to punish areshole car drivers

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

No Thanks!

No Rider aids thank you. unneccesary, complex and very expensive when it goes wrong, Ride all year round  in all kinds of weather and raise your skill levels instead, cheaper too

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

What about not having 8 modes for traction control, and having a really smooth throttle response? I jus't adore the MV Brutale 800. Have yet to test ride it, but from what i have read? It has lots of electronic gizmos, but the ride by wire throttle feals so light, it's hard to know what your'e doing. 

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I've got heated grips, which is about all I need, ta very much. I prefer to have control over what my bike's doing, not some box of tricks which helps put more strain on the generator!

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Bwain Aids

I'll rely on common sense thanks.

Reply to this Topic
alex819

Mar 12

alex819 says:

None.

i agree with previous  comments heated grips for winter and thats all you need! all these electronic "aids" put me off getting new bikes, wont be an aid when you get on an older bike that doesnt have the aids and you cant brake without locking up the back or pull away without doing wheelies all the time!

Reply to this Topic
zest4living

Nov 11

zest4living says:

Electronic aids

Any electronic aid for safety is welcome, but I'd like to be able to switch them off, to suit riding conditions.

In a rainy day or frozen winter day can be very useful and I wouldn't refuse the Electronic aids. You get so many "tough" & "skilful"  riders arguing they don't need them, but it is either because they can't afford them or they love riding slow and old bangers. Motorcycling has been developing very fast and some people can't take changes. If you don't like the new technologies in suspension, braking, shifting gears, mapping, spin control (traction control), etc, etc, BUY YOURSELF AND OLD BIKE FROM 40 YEARS AGO and show everyone how a big man you are ;-)
Give me the latest technology any time and give me the option to switch them off, to suit riding conditions.

Reply to this Topic
phantombiker

Jul 13

phantombiker says:

I have a relitively

low cost Suzuki tourer.

The ABS works perfectly in all conditions.

Other manufacturers please take note.

And WHY ARE YESTERDAY'S SPAM COMMENTS STILL HERE?????

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

ABS

Definitely ABS, wouldn't buy any bike or car which didn't have ABS fitted.

You can even get it on a 125 scooter these days so there's absolutely no excuse for manufacturers omittng it on new bikes.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices