Skip to content

Discuss This New Ducati 899 revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Ducati 899 revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Richard Newland  says:

New Ducati 899 revealed

A new breed of sports bikes has been evolving, defined by non-conformity to more established capacities. Where once we had superbike and supersport categories, the trend is now towards a burgeoning class of super-middleweights. And the highly anticipated Ducati 899 Panigale is the archetypal embodiment of this new ‘Supermid’ genre. True to form, the 899 follows at a dignified distance...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 354 days ago (10 September 2013 09:13)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

ooooooooooooooooh

Very nice looking

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

899 & Panigale

Whilst the 899 & Panigale are both attractive bikes I'm not convinced that they're a great bike for road use. The bikes seem to have lost most of there midrange torque to chase race track applicable BHP figures and by all accounts they're somewhat uncomfortable for more than short stints. They appeal to some but from my point of view the 1198 is a better road bike/

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

How much is it?

it has to compete with Triumph's 675r at £10,500 , any more than that and it doesn't even get a test ride!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

A Ducati sports bike

without a single sided swinger?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

£12,495

I believe DT, which is a bloody hefty price tag, I would like to see a head to head with others in its class.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

sorry Diablre

didnt see your name properly as arguing with my lunch.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

£12,500

is a tricked up 675r with Arrow can and a fair splashing of tinsel from the offical Triumph accessorie Catalogue!

i'll go try the 899 but its got a mountain to climb at that price!

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

IF...

I really like this bike as I have all the other smaller Ducati sports bikes but IF that's the price then I wouldn't even remotely consider it. There's must be literally 50 bikes I would buy before this if it was £12,500.

I think it's power to weight's ok but I thought it would definitely be lighter and also probably more powerful. In terms of marketing the figures are good but not great to me. They're obviously more than enough but don't wow me, especially the weight. I was expecting sub 190kg wet and 150+ bhp.

Not a big difference from the reality but it's a key marketing factor with regard to peoples first impression, mine being a little underwhelmed and talking myself into "their still pretty good etc."

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Nout wrong with the 899

Has any of you even read the spec / stats on the bike.  It is a slighlty high price yes, but look what you are getting. Variable riding modes, the anti wheelie etc etc. Technology costs money. This bike looks wise alone blows the socks off any dated jap inline 4 out there. Might not have the ponies of a litre bike but in a real world is a contender. 

Re the he double sided swinger.......think about the monocoque design for a minute and how this will make the handling perfomr.

One thing does my head in re the motorcycle world - the Ducati haters whove prob never owned one.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I love em

but, and thats the trouble, before I bought my fireblade I toyed with the idea of a 749 or indeed a 748, but there is that but, I spoke to some people who had them or owned a ducati and they all said fantastic bike but none of them still owned one. Obviously they have come on leaps and bounds since then and if i could kill the mother in law for her will I would have a go, but.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices