Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty to test Aprilia ART after Misano race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty to test Aprilia ART after Misano race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty to test Aprilia ART after Misano race

Michael Laverty will have the chance to compare the British-built PBM frame he has been racing in the 2013 MotoGP world championship against the Aprilia ART machine in a post race test at Misano next Monday. The Irish rider impressed when he rode an Aprilia ART in the opening winter test at Sepang in Malaysia in February before he switched to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 September 2013 09:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Paul Bird

Say what you like about the man you have to give him credit for his passion for the sport.  Running a team in MotoGp is tough enough but running a top-level team in BSB simultaneously deserves due respect.

Good luck Birdy - hope Laverty can get among the regular points scorers next season

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

do we

know what engine frame combo pbm are using next year?

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

@saturn392

Saturn has anyone ever mentioned you look just like James Dean, mate it really is uncanny!!  job as a looky likey if the day job gets boring!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

No **** ToadHancocks

Hell's teeth and there was I thinking I looked like Clint Eastwood !  I'm depressed now - going for a pint !

Reply to this Topic
edmundolf

Jul 06

edmundolf says:

PBM Frame

Never understoodwhy birdy decided to develop his own frame. Laverty went really well on the ART i think in pre season testing it was, so putting him on the PBM chassis always seemed an odd move to me and the results pretty much sum it up. Feel for Laverty this year. Good rider...deserves better. Maybe bird wants to keep it all british but using non british motors... how does that fit in? Cant see they'll ever get chassis up to speed against the big players. Even Aprilia who you could say are a lower tier benchmark  have been developing their bike and chassis for years not one season.Should have given Laverty the ART chassis and he'd have had a good chance of mixing it with the front CRT's and maybe even Esparago.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Patsfalco

Sep 12

Patsfalco says:

Frame development

With Bird developing his own chassis, he's future proofing himself. For instance, if he was to go for the Yamaha engine, he's got development work completed to some extent.

own engine and chassis would be the dream, I'm sure, and fair dues to PB for walking off the beaten path.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Silverstone

Off topic but I see Silverstone have sold land around the circuit for housing development. Thats short term gain long term pain. Watch those objections come pouring in from the new naighbours to the nasty noisy cicuit that they knew full well was there when the bought the houses!! 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

ivebeenthehero

re Silverstone - spot on - like the rich bloke who bought a big house in the country then complained because the local farmer's cockerel woke him up at 4 a.m.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices